Another stupid unfinished song.

grr.

I wrote and recorded three pieces of crap this weekend. This one is the least crappy. I should warn you, it has the words “God-damned” in it twice, so don’t listen to it. Another “music is dead” theme.

Still A and G

mp3 recordings sound really crappy. :angry:

How dare you summarize my life :)

Actually this isn’ t crappy at all… I really like this one. The chorus has tremendous urgency, and the solo rocks. Sometimes the simplest progressions and licks work wonders. Well done!

Now, why did I think you might just say something about how it sounds just like your Uncle Moe after he’s hit the bourbon…? :D

Thanks for listening!

Wanna hear the other crappy songs? :)

Ach, I am a shameless self-promoter…

When did Uncle Moe get back in town? And who the h%ll gave him the bourbon? :p

Sorry Tom, couldn’t resist.

Well I see you’re still on your music is dead thing. 25 yrs eh, wait til it’s been 40yrs of playing then record me something.

Now on to the song, I LIKED IT! I give it an ‘8’, it has a nice groove and was easy to dance to!

MP3 suck regardless of what you do.

I wanna hear the other songs crappy or not!

Maybe if the whole song was A and G, then we could assess that music is dead, but NNOOOOO, you go and throw a D, E, Bm, F#m into it…

Yaz, I’m telling you, it’s dead, it’s dead, that ain’t no F#m in there…

is there…?

???

Not dead yet!

My mistake for letting ears do the chords, walk down on bass notes in turn around, A, G, F#
Sorry bout that.

Where the heck are the other 2 tunes? I’m really getting in to listening to everyone’s posts. Beats listening to mainstream radio!
R-A-D-I-O (Recording-Artists-Damaged-In-Overplays)

Tom, you need to go back and read your ‘own’ lyrics on “Last Night’s Revision” !!!

MUSIC IS NOT DEAD YET!

Not bad at all! Kinda makes me think of a cross between Pursuit Of Happiness & Jeff Buckley’s “My Sweetheart The Drunk” CD. BTW, it’s just a coincidence that this is the 2nd thing that’s made me think of JB - it’s actually pretty rare. :D

I like it. Just keep on writing songs you think are crap and the rest of us can continue enjoying them. :) I dig the ending with the vocal harmonies.

Relayer, it’s even stranger that I have no idea who Jeff Buckley is. But I just check out his webpage and some audio, and it sounds like very good stuff. I’m listening to mojo pin - grace right now. I WISH I could do something that good. :)

Yaz, oddly enough there is an F#m in there. Other two songs will be posted by tomorrow night, I have to do a slightly better mix.

Tom Tom Tom

I’m sure I’ve said this before. Your concepts have such an “appeal to everyday people” feel. It defines commerciality. THAT’s what I WISH I could do. I’m telling you, if you threw up a webpage, made it interactive, with some .99 downloads you’d have more fans than you could address and you’d be rich.

Then you could shout me out and I could brag to all my friends: yeah, I know him! I know him!

Well, I have a track that I can’t get a good melody or vocal to. Wanna try?

Sure. My left brain could use a good flex. That is… if you were talking to me… :blush:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Relayer, it’s even stranger that I have no idea who Jeff Buckley is. But I just check out his webpage and some audio, and it sounds like very good stuff. I’m listening to mojo pin - grace right now. I WISH I could do something that good. :)

If you like what you’ve heard with Mojo Pin, I heartily recommend that CD (Grace). Really, it’s the only thing he put out in his short life, but IMO it’s a stunning release.

As for putting out something “that good”, well…there are all kinds of different “that good”'s out there, so odds are what you do is “that good” to more than a handful of people. As well, I’m sure you’re probably like most of us in that you can’t hear your own stuff objectively - rather, you hear all the things you wish you could’ve done better. Others hear it and just dig it, plain and simple. :)
For me, there’s the Yes/Genesis/ELP “that good”, the Zeppelin/Buckley “that good”, the Sly/Parliament/James Brown “that good”, the Howling Wolf/Bukka White “that good” - I have my favourites, and they’re all varying degrees of musicianship/chops/whatever, but they’re all that good to me, there’s plenty of room for all of them, and I wouldn’t want to leave one out. :)

Just do what you do! :D

(mfl @ Jul. 11 2007,20:52)
Sure. My left brain could use a good flex. That is... if you were talking to me..... :blush:

Indeed, could you not tell from the direction I was looking when I typed that comment?

:)

(TomS @ Jul. 11 2007,19:44)
Well, I have a track that I can't get a good "melody" or vocal to. Wanna try?

Was this a no pun intended?

Yaz, I started to go there too; just couldn’t think of anything funny enough

Ok MFL, s are you a ‘good Melody’ or bad?

I had to say this LOL!