Another up-de-date

studio n stuffs…

Hey guys,

How are you all keeping? Well and writing I hope? (yes, Spreadie, that means you too, get too writing me some new ear candy)!

I am sooooooooooooo excited I could burst!

We are in the final stages of recording now and should be mixing by the end of this week. I had session musicians in all last week and my good god we had fun! The electric guitar player was awesome and now some of my tracks are upbeat!!! yup…you heard me…upbeat!!! We got stunning flute and funky bass, heck, even I’m starting to like my songs!

Rob is being the most incredible husband ever as always and married life is superb. Amy’s been really good lately and growing up so much…we are taking her into the studio in a few weekends time to record her own vocals to the backing track of one of my songs ‘refuse sack’, that should be a blast.

Miss you all lots and lots. mwah xxx

Quote: (ange @ Jan. 18 2010, 11:28 AM)

...we are taking her into the studio in a few weekends time to record her own vocals to the backing track of one of my songs 'refuse sack', that should be a blast.

You mean this kind of "refuse sack"?

???
Quote: (flanders @ Jan. 18 2010, 11:56 AM)

...we are taking her into the studio in a few weekends time to record her own vocals to the backing track of one of my songs 'refuse sack', that should be a blast.

???

Yessir, otherwise known as 'The bin bag song'

(if you were an original n-tracker, you'd know the song and get the reference... :whistle: )
Quote: (ange @ Jan. 18 2010, 12:00 PM)

Quote: (flanders @ Jan. 18 2010, 11:56 AM)

???

if you were an original n-tracker, you'd know the song and get the reference... :whistle:

Oh, I never go "original" or "bleeding edge" with anything.
I hung in there with Cubase & Sonar for the first 12 years or so of n-Track until 'ol Flav carved out at least 45% of the bugs & gremlins.
:laugh:

You are planning to take a lot of pictures of Amy doing the vocals, right?

Just checking. :)

You are sounding surprisingly well after so much studio time, behind you…

How much mix time have you got set aside????

A question(s) I have…

How many tracks are used on the average song?
Could be asked another way…
BUT…

How’s the photo sessions coming along?
OR
Have you started the photo session??
After the mix session(s)…
How will the mastering be organized??
OR…
is that somewhat down-the-road??
YET…

Bill…

I will make a prediction, Bill, and that is that this will be an awesome album and everyone here will be telling their friends about it and about how they are Ange’s virtual friends, even flanders. :)

Nice one, Ange. Can’t wait! Hope you’re
buzzin’ with ideas for the next project?
(electronica mix, perhaps?)

(no harm in asking)

You’re quite right TomS…
I wonder if the promo packages are ready to go?
and the media writers have been called and have some space waiting for ange and Company and All…

I’ve forgotten…
Has the date been set for the Party ?
Does that happen, anymore??

Bill…

You went to a full band sound, that will be very interesting to hear! :)

I’m on the edge of my chair, over here…
Do you think your Group would allow us a small tease of the tracks your working with ????
MmAaNn…

:O

Will they allow some Vocal Harmony tracks with yourself on some of the lines ????

Bill…

p.s. I wantta be a Vocal Arranger/Producer on some of your tracks… :) I don’t know what I’d do with a position like that… BUT… I’d do my best to figure that out… :)

Ain’t written for months now Ange…that will all change in Feb…

Can’t wait to hear your stuff…your a professional now too!!! :agree: :agree: :agree:

Quote:

You are planning to take a lot of pictures of Amy doing the vocals, right?

Rob'll be there with the digital SLR :) Planning on staging a few photos of me too.

Quote:

You are sounding surprisingly well after so much studio time, behind you..

... not finding it that easy! Loving it, but will be glad when it's done now.

Quote:

How much mix time have you got set aside????

We've got 60 hours in total left for mixing (14 tracks). Some will take more work than others, and we've been doing quite a lot of rough mixing during the recording process already. We've also tidied up a lot already, done all the cutting and choosing of sections for each instrument.

Quote:

How many tracks are used on the average song

... a lot! Every vocal has been done on two mics, acoustic guitar had three mics, electric guitar, bass guitar, penny whistle, acordian, flute were all on one mic, drums were five mics... and most songs have two vocals, guitar, and two or three extra instruments. Piano / Cello / Double Bass were all done with MIDI... then for each song we've got multiple takes...

Quote:

I will make a prediction, Bill, and that is that this will be an awesome album

... bless!

Quote:

Nice one, Ange. Can't wait! Hope you're buzzin' with ideas for the next project?

Ha! I can't even begin to think about the next project yet!!! (but Rob thinks I should either do a 'comedy' album of stupid songs or get creative with some vocal acapella).

Quote:

You went to a full band sound, that will be very interesting to hear!

... it's pretty exciting! Only problem now is I need a 6 piece band if I want to perform the album live...

Quote:

allow us a small tease of the tracks your working with

I've been 'instructed' by Rob to keep everything under wraps now until it's completely polished (that goes against the grain so much!!! I wanna post it all up here!!!!!). Shouldn't be too long till you can hear the finished product though!!!

Quote:

Ain't written for months now Ange....that will all change in Feb....

Go Spreadie :) Looking forward to hearing it.

Ange x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeD_6Y3GQc

Can’t wait. X

Hi ange:

I know…
It’s tough to go out and present yourself on the stage after you’ve recorded a six piece band in the studio…
You’ll need a tractor/trailer load of PA and Lighting Gear… AND a big budget to put them up…
They (Bass Players and Drummers) don’t sleep in sleeping bags when they are on the road with “Upper Crust” performers…

Hire me…
I have a Class One Road/Rating…
Only thing is…
I drive on the other side of the road…
:p
:)
:laugh: It’s not so easy to go into the swamps and the rocks when you drive on the wrong side.

:laugh:
When you get over here in the Maritimes I’ll be your Road Manager…
I know all the Joints you should be playing …
in…
Good-and-Bad…
:p

Do you know how fortunate You and Rob…
ArE ?? It don’t come easy…

Bill…