Any Doors Fans out There?

A public service message for you all

I had the joy of seeing The Doors of the 21st Century (I guess they got sued by someone for using “The Doors”) a coupla weeks ago at the Pipeline Cafe in Honolulu. If they come anywhere near your hometown, you gotta go. There was none of that new album B.S. that most reunion tours try to plug, every song was one of their hits from the day. LA Woman, Light My Fire, Roadhouse, Touch Me, you name it, they played it! Ian Astbury (from The Cult) didn’t just look like Jim Morrison, he WAS Jim Morrison. Ray and Robby, while old as dirt on the outside, still got the chops. I guess Densmore sat this one out. It would have been nice with him there too, but still one #### of a show! Especially in such a small venue like Pipeline (max cap. can’t be more than a few hundred).

Quote (Takayama @ Mar. 16 2005,03:02)
It would have been nice with him there too, but still one #### of a show!

Can't believe the word "h e l l" got censored. What kind of an internet forum is thiS?!??
Quote (Takayama @ Mar. 16 2005,03:05)
Quote (Takayama @ Mar. 16 2005,03:02)
It would have been nice with him there too, but still one #### of a show!

Can't believe the word "h e l l" got censored. What kind of an internet forum is thiS?!??

It's a #### of a nice forum. :)

I dunno, you really think the cult guy was that good?
I guess they got sued by someone for using "The Doors"I guess Densmore sat this one out.
It was Densmore that sued. He was originally slated to be with them, as The Doors. But he backed out at the last minute for publicly unknown reasons and the other guys said they were going to do it anyway, so John sued.

Who was the drummer?

The first incarnation of Doors of the 21th Century had Stewart Copland (The Police) on drums, though he left after the first tour.

Copeland sued them too.

What did he sue for?

Breach of contract I believe - they kicked him out.

He should have called in The Police… :D

Quote (phoo @ Mar. 16 2005,15:39)
He should have called in The Police..... :D

For showing him the door?

Yes Tak, and it censors d a m n too!

Don't you hate fucking censorship! :laugh:

Ali
Quote (phoo @ Mar. 16 2005,15:39)
He should have called in The Police.....

For showing him the door?

Did you ever hear the story Keith Richards tells?

Him and Mick plus friends were in a hotel suite, partaking of herbal tobacco, when the door knocked.

The girl who answered it came back and said, "It's the police!"

So, Keith and Mick, stoned out of their trolleys, frantically tried to flush the grass down the toilet, but it wouldn't flush.

And they were still trying to flush it a few minutes later, when Sting and Stewart Copeland, tired of waiting, walked in! :D

Ali
:D :D

"Any Doors fans out there?"

Er…NO. Not here anyway. Sorry. They were/are great musicians but I never took a liking to Morrison’s vocals.

TG

They were/are great musicians but I never took a liking to Morrison's vocals.
Oh man - that's what I like about the Doors! I always thought their music was a little too "vaudevillish" for me with some notable exceptions like LA Woman, Break On Through, etc.

I didn't like the Doors when I was younger but now when I hear their recordings on the radio - I crank the volume.

Sorry but I gotta disagree with you on this one.
Quote (Mr Soul @ Mar. 16 2005,23:04)
Sorry but I gotta disagree with you on this one.

Thats perfectly OK. Different strokes eh?

TG

As much as I hate agreeing with Toke on anything, (even our shared political outlook), :D I have to agree with him here.

I was never a Doors’ fan way back then. Riders on the Storm was about it.

But when I listen to them now, especially Morrison’s presentation, I have to admit, they’re keepers.

Ali

It’s funny how EVERYBODY who plays with Stewart Copeland ends up hating him.

To answer a the questions that have popped up:

The drummer was a young no-name and actually not that good. As a drummer, I was kind of set aback that the Doors couldn’t get someone better. Bassist’s name was Phillip Chan and he was decent. They both were just kind of in the background though, obviously. Anyway, I wasn’t gonna let a so-so drummer ruin the experience for me so I just tuned it out and listened to the music overall.

and

Yes, yes, yes, I DID think “the Cult Guy” was that good.
H E L L yes, even. Like I said, he wasn’t acting like Jim, he WAS Jim.

Never was a Doors fan, but daughter discovered them when she was 15 and drove me up the wall playing a greatest hits cd. Now I totally can’t take 'em. But did like BOC’s version of Roadhouse Blues.

Stewart Copeland and his large EGO!:p