Any good distortion plug-ins?

If you record a dry signal you can “re-amp” it either using plugins, or even route the track to an output of your soundcard --> to a real amp and then mic it up.

Just means that if you record a good take (ie. no mistakes, good solo etc.) you can then play around and get the sound you want, or audition different sounds, or eve re-amp it a couple of times (or clone the track and apply different plugins to different tracks) and get different sounds.

If you mic up an amp straight up you are pretty much stuck with the sound you mic up and you have to re-record the guitar part to get a different sound.

That’s the attraction of recording electric guitar parts dry and then using plugins to try different sounds for me.

Rich

In my case, I use my V-amp 2 because I have a two year old daughter. And two teenaged daughters. And a son with ADHD. There is no such thing as a quiet moment here to mic up an amp when I won’t be threatening someone’s nap or nighttime sleep. I can pull off vocals and acoustic with a mic, but that’s as far as it goes.

Plus, I’m used to the V-amp 2 and know how to manipulate it to get what I want.

My ducat’s worth, anyway.