Any good reason to upgrade to nTrack_5 ?

I have nTrack_4 16-bit.
I have no instability problem.

Can You name any good reason for me to upgrade to nTrack_5 ?

/Goran Sweden

Hi goran:
I used to question my resolve on these questions way back in versions 2… I wasn’t’ sure if upgrading was any improvement in n-Track’s performance as how it applied to how I used the editor back then…

But, we notice that Flavio is busy posting builds almost every day, at times… Then, a new version gets posted, like yesterday…

I would now say, that I have no reservations about up-dating builds-and-versions as Flavio posts them… I’m gonna say that Flavio is so committed to his program that any coding error that shows up he 's on top of the issue within hours…

There are many of us up here on the Board that likes to experiment and try new plugs and all… In that regard, if we see any issue arise, we post a DMP file to Flavio and a new build gets posted to fix the issue… Having said that, the latest issue is always the best version/build to have installed on your setup…

That’s what I think…

Bill…

For myself I never saw the need. I still use the last build of 3. It does what I need it to do and stable as #### on any recent machine Ive had it on.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Can You name any good reason for me to upgrade to nTrack_5 ?

There are a lot of new features in version 5 that will be useful to me but the only way you’ll know for yourself is to read the version history and see if there is a compelling reason to upgrade.

That being said, I haven’t upgraded to version 5 yet. I’m about ready to do it at this point because it looks like Flavio has worked out most of the bugs. I’m very cautious about upgrading because I record outside talent and I have to make sure that the program is stable before I switch over. To show how paranoid I am, I actually have two hardrives on my system with Windows XP installed so that I can have two versions of n-Track on the same computer. Right now I have version 3.3 and 4.05. I’ll replace 3.3 with version 5 when I upgrade and I’ll experiment with it until I’m comfortable that there aren’t any serious issues. This way if 5 burps I can switch right back over to 4 and not ruin a session.

There’s another compelling reason to upgrade IMO and that is to support this incredible program. I’m very happy to pay Flavio my 25 bucks to keep these updates coming. In fact, I’ll likely do it this weekend.