any ideas?

VSTi plug in death

FXpansion Dr005 i downloaded this puppie to play with and it crashes N everytime i try to use it. Any thoughts???

mine never crashed. I just couldn’t get it to do anything.

Thoughts:
1) the plugin’s f***ed. To prove this try the plugin in another VST host
2) the plugin and nTrack don’t get along. It happens, and it’s usually due to a crappy plugin. Oh well. If you still love the plugin, you can always generate or treat a WAV track in another app, then bring the processed WAV back into nTrack.

It doesn’t hurt to email Flavio about this. If enough folks report the problem and it’s not the plug-in’s fault, he might be able to tweak nTrack to get along with it.

I have used DR005 with N somewhat. I also had some problems with some of my softdrums, I think it was this.

If I remeber correctly DR005 would crash N at startup, if I had moved the soundbank from were it was. This happened when I was rearranging my harddrive. Fourtunately, I remebered the old location so I could copy the soundbank there. Then it was a matter of going through every song made using DR005 and redirecting the soundbanks to the new location.

Bye now

Quote (Iwont Tell @ Oct. 04 2004,01:40)
I have used DR005 with N somewhat. I also had some problems with some of my softdrums, I think it was this.

If I remeber correctly DR005 would crash N at startup, if I had moved the soundbank from were it was. This happened when I was rearranging my harddrive. Fourtunately, I remebered the old location so I could copy the soundbank there. Then it was a matter of going through every song made using DR005 and redirecting the soundbanks to the new location.

Bye now

Could this be because v4 is put into a different directory than v3.*? Might be worth a look?