Any issues with XP Service Pack 2?

I’ve heard stories

I have help off on SP 2 due to some concerns I had heard - are there any issues with Ntracks and SP2 that I should know about? Also, I’m running 3.3, don’t know if I should upgrade or not…

Half a year ago I upgraded to XP Pro from 98SE. My XP installation CD had SP2 built into it so it just installed itself with no prompting from me. I have had no issues with SP2 that I know of and I am also using 3.3.

I’ve been installing XP SP2 on all my DAWs since it was realized & my clients have not reported any issues with it & nTrack.

I have heard that running the upgrade can cause general problems but I do fresh installs on my machines.

Mr Soul

My friend had to reformat his hard drive. Every time me or my dad has tried to install it on any of the four machines we have between us, we have problems. Nothing specific that happens every time. Just wierd stuff. Conflicts and stuff. Stuff just doesn’t work…

That has been my experience.

I’ve had no problems and had been holding off for a while.
One day Cool Edit Pro stopped working and kept coming up with a dll error.
I re-instaleld CE Pro and did tried replacing the dll and a hwole bunch of other things and nothign fixed it.
Eventually I thought I’d try upgrading to SP2 to see if it fixed it and it did!!! I think it may have been some other windows update that meant that my system now needed it or something

No problems with N or any other proggies eitehr.

Rich

I’ve had USB problems with Service pack 2. Basicly significant slowage. I sold my USB interface, bought a firewire interface, and no problems now. USB is the cause of many frustrations when it comes to supposed upgrades and fixes in XP.

I’ve got Ntrack 4.0.3 running perfectly on XP-SP2.

Quote (silvermachina @ Feb. 10 2005,20:26)
I've had USB problems with Service pack 2. Basicly significant slowage. I sold my USB interface, bought a firewire interface, and no problems now. USB is the cause of many frustrations when it comes to supposed upgrades and fixes in XP.

Could it be your system fell back to usb 1.1? After doing an upgrade on one of my computers I noticed that in the device manager under the "universal serial bus controllers" heading I had a device witha question mark, i went to the properties and update driver i think and it automatically grabbed the drivers and my usb was fully functional (nforce chipset).

Of course that could have nothing to do with it.. when it comes to hardware and software there can be a lot of weirdness.

Hi Lane,
I’ve been having an issue with a microsoft feature called “DrWatson Postmortamer Debugger” , it’s ether part of windows XP home edition SP2 or the windows firewall. I personally believe the Dr is part of the Firewall because I had never heard of it before downloading the W/firewall. Anyway, there are issues with ntrack v4 and DrWatson on my machine! I’ve heard no other ntracker mention DrWatson except of course for Scantee’s tale about a DrWatson (the musician) who played on a “Cat Back Bango” :D poor kitty!
You could do a simple search of your computer to see if you have “drwatson.exe” installed, regardless, the upgrade is very cool but might take a little tweaking. I’m diggin 4.0.4 1769!

Tom

Link for setting up Dr Watson

http://www.microsoft.com/windows…tup.asp

Quote (deadfingers @ Feb. 16 2005,14:40)
Link for setting up Dr Watson

http://www.microsoft.com/windows....tup.asp

Hey thanks Bill!