anyone get anything done this past weekend?

Holiday here in the USA - anyone get anything done? Not a mote, here. Watched a lot of football with the family.

Spent almost the whole Saturday raking, mulching, cleaning, hanging, etc… Basically whatever ‘Honey-doo’ said to do. Friday, about the same except I actually took time to watch the Iron Bowl. Pretty pathetic football game. Bama showed up for the first half while Auburn slept in. Then they went to the locker room and swapped places. Basically, it was half a football game and half a joke. I’d rather seen on or the other of them mop the field with the other OR a good slug-fest all the way through would have been even better! But nooo… Stupid sports…

Musically? Pffft! Who has time for that junk? :laugh:

UJ

PS Next time ‘Honey-doo’ says “Don’t bother with the yard/leaves this weekend… wait until NEXT weekend. Maybe more of them will fall by then.” I’m smacking her with the yard rake. I did wait, and they DID fall. ALL of them. Thought I’d never get the farkin’ mess cleaned up Saturday. Even the ol’ John Deere was panting and heaving before I finished. Ugh… stoopit womern…

nearly finished lead line with expressionless plug

Laid the lead track to a new song, still working on the mix. Finished putting the tile up on the walls and grouted, reset the stool in MY bathroom. Closed up the porch for the winter.

bought snow chains

debated over whether or not to travel to Arizona for family reunion. Wife was panic’d over the weather decided my family could be mad at me for the ‘no show’ from a distance, I have to live with my gal though.
Did the whole turkey sha-bang, my nanner puddin’ brought in folks from miles around. Cleaned up my recording room, got drug to the big city for some ‘Granny Claus’ shoppin’ - recorded misc. guits on stuff.

I spent 2 whole days locked in my studio working… it was faboo. I got a ton of junk done for the upcoming tour which is going to kill me just getting there with work.

Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 29 2010, 8:14 AM)

nearly finished lead line with expressionless plug

Why does that sound really funny?
:)

What's nanner pudding, and why are you all so productive?
Quote:

What's nanner pudding

oh forgot you was a city feller - that would be banana pudding. My mom's recipe...

Pack it in, Pops - thems no bananas?

Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 29 2010, 1:01 PM)

Pack it in, Pops - thems no bananas?

It's so cold out there, they have to bust 'em into Banana ice chips. :laugh:

Them's Vanilla Wafers on top Tony. The nanner chunks are hiding, submerged, lurking for the attack. Banana Unterseebooten...

UJ

Nilla wafers!!! :agree:

Yes. Only the REAL deal will do…

The rest are just poser wannabe’s… :)

UJ

"INGREDIENTS: Flour, sugar, shortening, whey solids, eggs, pure creamery butter, emulsifier, salt, leavening, vanillin and other artificial flavor."

Yuk! Empty carb shiite - kids food.

Quote: (TonyR @ Dec. 01 2010, 2:52 AM)

"INGREDIENTS: Flour, sugar, shortening, whey solids, eggs, pure creamery butter, emulsifier, salt, leavening, vanillin and other artificial flavor."

Yuk! Empty carb shiite - kids food.

Heh-heh... for the young at heart then... ;)

UJ

Empty carb crap is on occasion one of the great joys in life. We used to get boxes of Nilla wafers and each half and feed the other half to raccoons out on the front doorstep. :)

Sprinkle a little Ketchup and Vinegar on that and it’ll come to life… BoY… lol… :) :p :laugh:

It looks like that’ll go down pretty good, just the way it is… Get the corn bread and butter out…

Bill…

Ketchup and vinegar? One of those Canuck things, like vinegar and Lowrey’s on fries? When I was a kid we played a tournament in Toronto for a few years, 1970s, and that’s what all the Canadian kids were eating. yikes.

I know…

I smile when garnishes from other regions are named…
Like mustard on your fries…
Vinegar on fries are supposed to neutralize the fat that the fries are browned in…
Helps in the digestion process, especially if you ain’t got a gall bladder…

But hey…
Mustard has vinegar in the recipe…

I never knew that Pork Rinds are a favorite in the south, till I went there…
They are sold in the corner stores like Potato Chips, by the bag…

Makes the veins harden up like copper wire…
Pure Fat…
:)
:agree:
:agree:

And, there’s enough salt in them to raise your Blood Pressure into the ozone layer…

Bill…