Anyone here have an MX200?

help me configure n-Track to use it?

I installed the software, and have the audio running out of my Aardvark Q10 s/pdif into the lexicon box, and then back into the Q10 s/pdif in, the unit shows up as a VST plugin, I can get sound to it, I can hear the reverb on top of the track, seems like everything is working fine, but I can’t figure out how to route things so that the think will act like a normal plug in - it’s like the effected sound gets to the box, but then comes out the monitors straight without going back into n-Track. Anyone have one of these? If so, how did you set it up? I am just being stupid… :angry:

I don’t know that much about it Tom. I have read a review or two.

The VST “plugin” I believe is just a control panel for the unit. If you want that sweet Lexi reverb on just the vocal track, you have to SEND just the vocal track out the S/PDIF of the Aardvark then RETURN it to the Aardvark via S/PDIF and record the effected track separately. Does that make sense? I am pretty sure that’s what I read about the unit. I could be WRONG!

Good luck. Let us know how you get on. 200 smackers for Lexicon quality is not too shabby. If it sounds as good as their other stuff.

D

Yes, that’s the idea. I guess I have to get the sound right and then render and import the effected tracks before doing the final rendering - which is what I did last night. So it’s sort of a plug in and sort of not. I wish I could just hit the mixdown button and have it work like a regular plug in. Anyway, it sounds fabulous, and I will deal with the inconvenience. My wife agreed that it sounded even better than the SIR impulses I’ve been using - why would that be? It’s digital, after all… ???

Whatever, it is definitely a step up for me. :D