Anyone interested in a free computer...

Check this site out. My brother in law already got an Ipod from a sister site.

just click this link
Free Computer

How does it work? ???

Quote (Guest @ Dec. 15 2005,06:53)
How does it work? ???

Well, there’s this thing at the heart called a “CPU”, which moves binary digits around and can perform arithmetic on them.

Then there’s stuff called “memory” (of various types) which “remembers” things.

Then you’ve got “I/O” devices (as in the Dwarf song from Snow White).

And you’ve got “Software”, which is like hardware, but softer.

And there’s a whole other bunch of stuff too, but then it starts getting very complicated; so that’s probably enough to be getting on with for now. :cool:

Ok, seriously Tom… :)

I’ve checked it out, and all the options I’ve looked at end up with you being required to enter a credit card number.

Yeah, right! :angry:

Anyway, it’s USA only.

What out for free stuff. My wife sighed up for printable coupons that can be used for discounts at the grocery store - it required a phone number for what they said was security and identification, according to her - and this month we had a $12.95 charge on our phone bill for an Internet Security and Email Service. The fine print was that by signing up for the coupons you were giving the OK to be signed up for this service. YEAH…

Not only that. I have since found three recurring charges on my credit care that I thought was stuff my wife ordered. I have found out that she did not order any of then but had signed up on website for other free stuff that required a credit card number for identification. RIGHT…

I’m POed. I got the phone charge reversed and am working to get the others refunded and blocked.

Websites that do that crap should be…what? I don’t know. I hope the folks that run those businesses are male and late become neutered but unfortunate incident.

OH yeah…in the USA. All four of those were in the good ol’ US of A.

well, yeah, you have to sign up for something. Most of the people I know signed up for the Real Arcade and once it cleared, they called up and cancelled it. I signed up for the rhapsody which is only $10 a month, but I don’t plan on keeping it either. Some have dvd rental services and stuff. We haven’t had any trouble with this one. I’ve got 4 signups on the digital camera one I posted at Line6.com, when it clears I’ll let you guys know about it. These companies are just providers for the freepay. They are all reputable, you know, blockbuster, BMG, Real Player, etc. Sorry about your grocery store thing though.

I’m not supposed to “walk” you guys through the process, so like I said, if I get the digital camera I’ll tell you guys about it. So far I’ve only got one signup on the computer.
Here’s the other links I’ve signed up for:

http://digitalcameras.freepay.com/?r=26006667
http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=25878930
http://xbox360s.freepay.com/?r=26053234
http://psps.freepay.com/?r=26052950

don’t forget, the surveys at the beginning are OPTIONAL (you can skip them if you wish)

I’m gonna’ sign up for all of them at some point and get the xbox360 and other stuff. I plan on selling most of it for some audio gear cash :)

OK the cynic in me has this to say… (I know you are all shocked!)…

NOTHING… NOTHING is FREE!

D – whew… I feel better now! :D

yes, technically they’re not free, but you know, a digital camera or xbox360 for the $10 it might cost me for a month of service is more than worth it to me :)

I can diggit g69! :)

D

Ok, So I need some people to sign up and actually complete an offer :(

I’ve gotten a few hits on the camera and stuff, but I need people to actually complete the offer to get credit…

So here’s the deal…

the camera link has an offer for Real Arcade. This is a offer that is completely FREE for the first 30 days. Just call and cancel it before the 30 days are up to receive credit as a completed offer.

It won’t cost you any money… and if you can get 10 people to do the same, you’ll get a NICE digital camera, and it wont’t cost THEM any money either.

My wife’s already signed up for the real arcade and cancelled it like within two days. She still got credit for the offer and it hasn’t done anything wierd to my bank account :)

So you could get me, and get yourself a $350 camera for completely free… c’mon you know you wanna’! :D

besides, you know you all could use a new computer… or xbox… or whatever …

pretty please :)

Why does the phrase; “pyramid selling” keep running through my mind? ???

:)

It does have an Amway-ish kinda ring to it…

D

so? amway was a legal business. Also, you can only get your item once, it’s not like it’s offering residual income.

:p

Sorry g69. I am not trying to rain on your parade dude…

D – <!–QuoteBegin>

NOTHING… NOTHING is FREE!

I was dumb enough to try to get one of these “free” computers. So I went to the website and had to fill out all sorts of information including credit card info etc. Then it said I had to accept just 2 of a long list of offers. So I found two offers that were not too much money. I clicked to finish and another page came up with more offers that I had to “choose” from. I researched further and found that there was yet another page of offers I had to choose even more from. Altogether I had to sign up for 7 offers. Since I had only signed up for 2 offers, I quit and chalked one up to learning my lesson.

Here is the fun part. I called both offers to cancel and not only did they make it tough to cancel (took almost a half hour on the phone to cancel, but they made me listen to offer after offer before they would cancel the account. To make matters worse, now I am getting email from all sorts of vendors.

I should point out that the “free computer” offer I tried out was not guitars69. It was this one.

Avoid it at all costs. :(

alright, for all you doubters of this process. My brother now Has his Free 30 GB Video Ipod (think that’s the one) in HIS POSSESSION and it cost him, guess what? wait for it…wait…
NOTHING!!!
that’s right, ZIP, NADA ZILCH!!!

So let me recap, he signed up for Real Arcade, cancelled it immediately, then convince 5 friends/family to do the same. Now he has a $300 Ipod and all it took him was one phone call to cancel his account, and talking to a few people.

He has NOT received any SPAM or anything from ANYONE!!!

So PLEASE!!! at least think about it. I’ve so far gotten people to register, but they don’t complete anything and so I’m still at square one… Think what $300 could do for your recordings! (just sell your unwanted Ipod/computer/camera/etc and voila! $300 to play with to buy that new soundcard, or preamp, or pedal, or whatever!

<!–QuoteBegin>

So PLEASE!!! at least think about it. I’ve so far gotten people to register, but they don’t complete anything and so I’m still at square one…

Have thought about it. And what I think, is that there aint no such thing as a free lunch.
Sorry you’re still at “square one”,but life’s a sh it at times.
But I’ll do you a deal guitars69: I’ll register with your web site, and in return, I’ve gotten hold of the Brooklyn Bridge which I’m willing to offer you for a very nice price… :)

do you want a picture? yes, there is a free lunch if you can work the system. :)

Quote (guitars69 @ Jan. 12 2006,15:21)
alright, for all you doubters of this process. My brother now Has his Free 30 GB Video Ipod (think that's the one) in HIS POSSESSION and it cost him, guess what? wait for it...wait...
NOTHING!!!!
that's right, ZIP, NADA ZILCH!!!

So let me recap, he signed up for Real Arcade, cancelled it immediately, then convince 5 friends/family to do the same. Now he has a $300 Ipod and all it took him was one phone call to cancel his account, and talking to a few people.

He has NOT received any SPAM or anything from ANYONE!!!

Now you have me confused (a simple task). Are we trying to get a free computer or a free Ipod? Or maybe you are trying to get a free computer and we are trying to get a free Ipod. Or maybe we get to call 5 friends (I'm pretty sure I don't have that many) and get them to sign up and then call someone to cancel so that you will get a free computer. Is there an Ipod connected to this deal? Or is that another deal? Also, is this free computer so good that it is worth all the trouble you are going through to get it?

In last months Maximum PC magazine they show you how to build a pretty decent PC for about $300. Certainly you could have made that amount of money in the last month just working part time.

Anyway, I hope you get what you want and I hope it was worth the time it took to get it. So just to clarify, we should click on the WWW below your mane so that we can sign up for things we will need to cancel and if enough of us do that, then you will get a PC? I'm still lost about how a $300 Ipod fits into this equation....

Like I said, I'm confused...

???