Anyone know how to reverse playback

midi

I am working on a midi piece with synth violins.

Anywho I am trying to achieve certain sounds but the blockiness of the piano grid seems to be defining my notes to rigidly.

I would like to try reverse playback of a few notes, and fade in/cut off for the effect I am going for.

The song is in 122bpm 3/4 and I had to bring it up to 244bpm in order to do certain notes that smaller in time, but that is working.

Perhaps I will post a portion of it later, kinda hard to picture the whole song off that tho, it’s only one or two parts of violins.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Don’t know how to in midi Jerm, but I would probably mix midi down to wave first then do my fades and effects.

Under Track > Special > Reverse. But I think you will have to render (mixdown) what you what reversed and bbring it back in as a new wave file. Then play the tracks all normally to hear some parts forward others parts reversed.

If it’s just a few MIDI notes, why not edit in the piano roll - making
midi-clips of the reverse and then just paste them where you want.
(on a seperate track maybe) then just fade in and out.

Quote: (bax3 @ Apr. 08 2009, 10:10 AM)

Under Track > Special > Reverse.
But I think you will have to render (mixdown) what you what reversed and bbring it back in as a new wave file.
Then play the tracks all normally to hear some parts forward others parts reversed.

:D now just where are you using reverse in your music bax? Or are we all in for a big surprise? You rebel! :agree:

Ok that makes sense guys, mix down, then edit it as a would a guitar note.

I wasn’t sure if the midi blocks themselves could be modified (like to be either shorter or longer, without changing the time sig or faded out) themselves.

In an unrelated matter, if I took a 122BPM midi file and sped it up to 244 so that I could get more frequent notes (shorter notes) then mixed that down will it still work with the original 122bpm 3/4 time sig?

Double time is what was needed for it to sound right to me, just wondering if the math works out that way…or if there is some sort of ratio to use.

keep shinin

I might have misunderstood your dilemma,but… why not just change the resolution of the piano grid and insert the right note-lengths to begin with?

I.T.

Quote: (Iwont Tell @ Apr. 16 2009, 10:11 AM)

I might have misunderstood your dilemma,but... why not just change the resolution of the piano grid and insert the right note-lengths to begin with?

I.T.

try and remember you are talking to a midi ignoramus so if you could dummy it up a bit that would be helpful! :D

you lost me at resolution.........

I think I am looking for 16th or 8th notes or something, in a 3/4 time and all I am seeing is whole notes.

keep shinin

It is possible to change the note-lengths entered. And the grid can be adjusted, too. At least that is what I remember. Both my internet connection and nTrack setup are dead right now, so it’s kind of difficult to check, sorry! I’m writing this at work.

I.T.

This is why I like my Amiga…Bars & Piles has a reverser tool. I’ve sen nothing like it on the PC. It would be very easy to implement…