Anyone using Cakewalk effects with n-track?

Having Problems with saving presets

Just CANNOT get n-track to save my cakewalk effect settings cakewalks preset are all there but I can only save a preset name and not the actuall settings

I must have to somehow edit the registry entry to direct n-track in the right direction…

Really stumped on This one

Well first things first… please don’t keep creating new threads. It makes it very hard to give advice when the same discussion is happening all over the place…

The first thread

and

the second thread

But you may just have to face it… if none of us have used the Cakewalk effects in n-track we may just not know the answer to your problem

Mark

Quote (jeliot @ May 22 2006,09:26)
Just CANNOT get n-track to save my cakewalk effect settings cakewalks preset are all there but I can only save a preset name and not the actuall settings

I must have to somehow edit the registry entry to direct n-track in the right direction.................

Really stumped on This one

I tried it tonight with Cakewalk's Compressor and you are right....it saves the name but not the adjustments.

N-track does make a preset file entry in the Fasoft

-track folder but it is not editable.

A workaround is to jot down the settings and go into Cakewalk and save the preset thru Cake. A pain in the…but how many presets could you want to make!

KingFish

Sorry About the additional post I was trying to get the attention of someone that might be using cakewalk…by changing the topic Header…

Thanks Kingfish for checking that out for me now I can move on and just deal with it…

I use Sonar HS4 as well, and whenever I run into a setting I like or find very useful I write down the adjustable parameters of it. For instance, I found a very effective EQ setting in n-Track for some mic-in-the-room recordings.

I wrote down the Freq points, Q #'s, Filter Types, and Boost/Cuts for each point on the frequency axis, and can now set these points in another EQ accessible from Sonar HS. Since I of course can’t use the n-Track EQ in Sonar HS4… too bad.