Anyone wanna hear my new song?

Anyone who can write country music like this is entitled to use “y’all” no matter where they come from!

This is country music in it’s finest form! Great tune Poppa!

Thanks Yazzer. Sure do love those background vocals you were so kind to do for me. I’Preciatecha…

Quote:

as i get older i appreciate the storytellin' more and more.

I agree with that statement. A well written song and a story line that makes me look at my own life for comparisons. An excellent hook that's not overused. Well recorded and ready to pitch. :agree:

I too voted no, but listened anyway.

Well, the strongest part of the song is the structure.
I think there are some good melodic elements in it, but it’s a little too “rhymey” if you know what I mean.
It fits the genre, but try using near rhymes like “country” and “punter.”
I learned that one from a British friend, who really knows how to construct and perform a song.
Some guy who drives a taxi, if I remember correctly.

Seriously, I love your voice and this is a great tune.

Edit: I should add that I’ve always thought that Leonard Raymond Sipes was a more talented guy than Tommy C.

lol - I’ll soften up my rhymes. Thanks T

You’re converting me, I never liked country before! Good tune!

Quote:

Well, the strongest part of the song is the structure. I think there are some good melodic elements in it, but it's a little too "rhymey" if you know what I mean. It fits the genre, but try using near rhymes like "country" and "punter." I learned that one from a British friend, who really knows how to construct and perform a song. Some guy who drives a taxi, if I remember correctly.

too funny. but don't git all too limey-fied, and start funky spellings, like dropping the 'o' out of 'country' when rhyming with 'punter.' (good heavens, what kind of double-decker bus/taxi driver came up with this?)

Yesterday,
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they’re here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly,
I’m not half the man I used to be,
There’s a shadow hanging over me,
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she
Had to go I don’t know, she wouldn’t say.
I said,
Something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday,
Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,

Ay Ee - O - Ong in the greatest pop song ever written. (my opinion of course)
Ay?

:) It's easier to believe in yesterday, but if you win the lottery tomorrow you'll be singin a different tune for sure! And you'll be way to busy the day after to reflect back unless your lookin for your wallet.
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ May 14 2009, 11:30 PM)

Yesterday,
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,

Suddenly,
I'm not half the man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me,
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she
Had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say.
I said,
Something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday,
Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,

Ay Ee - O - Ong in the greatest pop song ever written. (my opinion of course)
Ay?

Hmmm, those lyrics are to cliche, to predictable, they'll never make a hit song. :whistle:

Gad - who wrote that pap? Made me take a nap. Put me right to sleep. And my lunch, I couldn’t keep.

Stick with country and punter.

Well…didn’t get time to vote. But great song Tommy. Really strong melodically and lyrically, mix is so clean. Yaz is definitely the BVs king. Love the ending!
Nice one guys! :agree: :agree: :agree:

Thanks Bruffie. This is one of my favorites lately. Alone…
I listened to it several times over the weekend and it inspired me to finish my tune. Some great music there man. Gotta love honest simple, clean writing. I do anyway. :agree:

Oh yea, Yaz is da bgv man!

Good work pops! :agree:

Thanks Levi.