AP invents "boos"...

Wrong - I do give a sh*t but this story. However, even if this is true, it’s trivial IMO. The AP screwed up - big deal. And even if people did boo, which I still find entirely plausible, big deal!

It’s not proof of anything other than the AP screwed up.

But offering as proof, that right-wing talk shows picked up on this is like offering a report done by the Soviet press.

When you say soundbite, you have audio from the speech?

To me this whole story is an example of the “right wing conspiracy” looking for any screw-up made by the medai & immediately spinning it in a way to discredit the “liberal media” so that no-one beleives them. That’s what the right has been doing for 10 - 20 years now & they’ve been effective at it.

They’ve made millions of white, suburbites believe they are victims of liberals. An idiot is born every day!

Quote (pete @ Sep. 09 2004,12:42)
Tom, I've not been had - you have. Read the original post.

The false story was immediately caught and reported to conservative talk radio shows and blogs. Less than one hour after the story first went out on the wire, under the byline of AP reporter Tom Hays, it was retracted, corrected, and the original link killed.

Well, I know that that's quite possibly what happened, but I can't find any mention of the story that does not reference the writer mentioned in your post. It also seems more probable that it was just a mistake, if it did indeed happen, since it is the kind of typo I myself might make. It is also possible that some writer or writers for AP did it on purpose. But it still looks very much like a hoax to me. AP has too much at stake financially to pull a stunt like that intentionally. :)

Well, there really is a Tom Hays writing for the AP, but, really, Pete, this looks so much like a fabrication of some prankster on the web. Best to let it percolate a few days and see what happens.

Here’s a thought: remember when W. Bush had his operatives call prospective voters in a southern state and say things about McCain’s Black Baby? Now, today we have had new revelations about Bush’s service record, hmm… Nah, that’s too much like a nutty conspiracy theory. :)

As I said, let’s wait and see. But if it turns out to be a republican hoax you owe me a copy of your latest tune. :D

Well, there is this: is this real?

http://www.hosting-hub.com/filedep…202.png

It’s odd how the news organization is inventing these items that never existed before.

It’s odd that my hair hasn’t changed since 2004! :laugh:

Quote: (TomS @ Jun. 14 2012, 5:31 PM)

It's odd that my hair hasn't changed since 2004!
:laugh:

as your teeth haven't

What the heck was this about, any way? It probably seemed important at the time.