Apple lets Tiger out of bag

Is new Apple software better than Windows?

The Mac-mini’s look cute and all but, I ain’t switchin’ until I can buy a hot rod, REAL Power Mac G5 for less than a grand. Bottom line. Even then, what can I do in OSX that I can’t do in Winblows? Oh I can catch a virus a lot quicker with Windows for sure… but that’s what being careful and using virus protection is for right? I still might pop for one of dem mini’s just to see what the fuss is about. I could sure use that $600 bucks toward some mics though…

TG

Or until they get OSX working… They just had to build their own half way KDE/Linux distro… Sigh… Perhaps Tiger will fix so much of the Panther and Jaguar gunk.

So far, XP has been great to me as far as DAW’ing goes. Just keep a lean, mean boot partition for DAW work and performace (at least for me) is been great. Win 9X blew chunks in my use so XP is a VAST improvement.

I really don’t know if I care to learn the intricasies of yet another OS.

TG

Absolutely fascinating subject title;

“Apple lets Tiger out of bag”.

My imagination went into overdrive upon reading that. :)

Shame the topic is so boring. :(

Ali :D

Mac

Baawaaahaaaa-haaa-haaaa!!! Ugh… tears streaming…that is frickin’ hilarious! Thanks Bill!

I needed that this morning. I’m stuck at work waiting on this bozo programmer to go into HIS freakin’ system and update some database field width’s so I can correct the freakin’ data HE imported WRONG!

Yesterday 15:30… "Oh yes, I will update that this evening so you can work SATUR-FRIGGIN-DAY on the data."

Today 07:45…"Grrr…a$$wipe ain’t made the d$%n changes YET???"

TG

Biggest problem is that just about everyone else I know is using Macs (they all come from artistic backgrounds and I come from an engineering background) but I don’t have $1.6k-2.0k laying around to just go out and buy one. Probably means I won’t be able to collaborate on certain projects. Guess it gives me more time to work on my own stuff…

Peace

Quote (TrackGrrrl @ May 03 2005,16:34)
Biggest problem is that just about everyone else I know is using Macs (they all come from artistic backgrounds and I come from an engineering background) but I don't have $1.6k-2.0k laying around to just go out and buy one. Probably means I won't be able to collaborate on certain projects. Guess it gives me more time to work on my own stuff...

Peace

Exactly! Right now, I have a smokin' PC based DAW that I have MUCH less than $1000 invested in. Until I can get a PowerMac with the same or better specs for that kind of money........

TG -- Cheapskate PC Tracker