April snow

That’s bad stuff…

We are recovering from a double storm that began over last weekend…
It blew out of northern Texas, I believe… then mated up with weather that came up the coast…
You guys complained about it last week…
It crippled us over here…
The schools were closed
I had no work yesterday…
It was heavy wet stuff…
Thank goodness it’s relatively mild…
-8 to -4c
… A lot of people had no power for several days…

My snowblower just managed
with nothing to spare…
Today, it’s +10c outside…
in sunshine…
We still have ice in the lakes…
That’s gotta go…
We had enough…
The trees are struggling to bud…
All we need for that to happen is warm weather and sunshine…
We’ll see…

This was a long tough winter… What a beautiful day it is today…

Bill…

stupid global warming. chuck a snowball at al gore when ya get a chance. maybe you can hit him right in the nobel prize, so to speak.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Apr. 01 2009, 5:46 PM)

stupid global warming.
chuck a snowball at al gore when ya get a chance.
maybe you can hit him right in the nobel prize, so to speak.

Just email him one via "his" internet... :p

D

darn

Anybody here take part in “Earth Hour” the other day? They apparently made a big deal of it in Nashville, or their city officials did anyway. An Al Gore spokeswoman denied eyewitness reports that the lights remained on at the Gore mansion during the celebratory blackout. :laugh:

Wow, and I’m having to mow the yard here!

I participated in Earth Hour. I used a stick match to light my cigs instead of a lighter for that hour. :cool:

Al Gore, I got ya Global Warming (grabs crotch)

I’m still waitin for the frost to come outta the ground so I can plant some dandylions out on my front yard…

It’s rainning BiG Time here this morning… No Snow-or-Ice… We waited all winter for this… Maybe, that’ll take the ice that’s in the lakes… We’ll see…

Bill…

Quote: (Yaz @ Apr. 02 2009, 3:59 AM)

Wow, and I'm having to mow the yard here!

I participated in Earth Hour. I used a stick match to light my cigs instead of a lighter for that hour. :cool:

Al Gore, I got ya Global Warming (grabs crotch)

"Earth Hour"

I suppose that was a nice gesture to try and raise awareness but do you guys know what it really accomplished in the practical sense? A bunch of people sat around in the dark for an hour. That's IT. Did it decrease greenhouse gas emissions for an hour? NO... of course not.

I did my bit though... except I went BIG... I went over the plant and called the power board and had them throw the BIG switch feeding our 4 MVA transformer that supplies ALL our power. *POOF* No juice... as Billy Squier sez "In The Dark"...

D

Send me some of that snow Poppa, haven’t seen any for 10 years!

I’m told they had Earth Hour here, but I didn’t notice so I guess it wasn’t a big effort.