Arduous Task of Logging In...

Seems to be a mystery I have yet to unlock, concerning loggin into the forum here! Twice now, after writing Flavio about my difficulty, I try to log in once more- and then I get logged in! I’m going to start pissing him off here, I think… Hey Flav, if you read this, don’t get pissed off at me, dude! I’m trying to do a simple task.

So forget my question- I need to get this working first!

Hi sloom:

I just got past and almost lost my ID here… It was close…
phoo has posted the issue of logging in several times…
In the browser “Options” you’ll find the area to check to ensure your browser searches for the latest cookies… He says and I know…
for me…
those old cookies have to be deleted…
For me and with this dial-up, I find I need to “Refresh” the browser…
I find the “Refresh” button on the v7 top margin… I hated to loose the old v6 browser…
Eventually the v6 browser will be No-More…
I don’t know what’s gonna happen when the Outlook Express is No-More…
Then there’s the guys that want nothing to-do with the Microsoft stuff and only use the Mozzillia browsers and mailboxes…

Maybe, that’s why I got that Trojan and Virus…
who knows…

I’m still working on cleaning my registry of what’s left of it…

Bill…

Hey Sloom, I’m having the same problems - tried all day to login - finally, just now it let me login.

Bill I did what you suggested and deleted all the cookies. But that didn’t help at all.

Something has happened with this forum in the last few days. I didn’t have this problem before.

Paul

Hi Posters:
I’m seeing something but I don’t know how or if all of you see this…

I don’t see my browser updating the Board… For example, I posted late last evening and early – early this morning… When I log on to the Board I see that the browser is not updating the cookies… I still see that last posts I made to the topics I posted to…

I hate to delete the cookies I have cause I may not be able to log in at all… I’d rather be able to log in and then check the board’s topics as opposed to not be able to log on at all…

Then I see a bunch of n-Track mail going to my server’s junk mail… More-and-more of my “Good Mail” whatever that is, is ending up at my server… It’s not getting into my “In Box”… for whatever reason that is…

In fact, I’m gonna log off here and browser over to my server’s junk mail right now to see what’s there…

Bill…

Thanks for getting back guys- sorry you’re having some trouble there, Bill. Dunno… I’ve been thinking of doing v5, but this kind of general bugginess is fending me off pretty easily. I have no trouble anywhere else on the internet.

Too bad, 'cause I think this is among the best user forums out here, for several reasons; one being the “grassrootsiness” of it.

Hi All:

I don’t have any reservations of considering The Board and the n-Track builds being connected or whatever idea that leads to…
I have downloaded-and-installed the builds as Flavio posts them…

Do you remember back in the days of 2139- 2144 builds?
Sloom and I got hit by an install EXE bug…
Do you remember that?
Sloom??
That was funny…
now that I think back over it…
That …
I think…
was the only frightening experience that I think I remember running into…
Well, that and stubbing my big toe trying to get to the bathroom one night…
:laugh:

Alright…

???

I’m still working on getting this Trojan and Virus behind me…
I think it continues…
I’ve had to uninstall Panda here
and on this LAN and my Studio machines…
I’ve run into something that is causing me not to be able to boot to the desks that I’ve installed Panda on…
NOT even in “Safe” mode…
What ever could that be????

I remove Panda Security and all is fine…
As far as I know…
The installs are not corrupt…
BUT
Who knows??

All I know is…
I have to do something…
in that regard…
OR ELSE I’ll get hit again…
BOY…
Isn’t that just negative thinking…

Bill…

I’m Back Again:

I’m just playing here…
and checking to see if my browser is uopdating the Board’s replies, and cookies, and all…

Bill…

Bill, I do remember some business of trouble a while back… I remember several! And maybe you’re right about the board having nothing to do with the software app, but I have no such trouble anywhere else. And now that I’m answering a reply notification I’m automatically logged in.

But what is it that keeps stopping me at the door when I just want to enter the board of my own accord? I don’t have the time to muck around with small, annoying problems, see. I use my machine for pretty small projects, most of which need to be dealt with efficiently and expedited. This present issue, along with the other troubles I’ve encountered with n-, don’t serve that end.

I’ve mentioned that I really like the n-Track simplicity and a degree of ‘elegance’ I see in it’s use, so I’m into having a good attitude. No need to get wierd, but I can’t help but think that there’s a source issue that’s common here. Not directly software-related, just… I don’t know. FASoft-related, maybe.

Dangit, no offense.

Try adding .fasoft.com and .ntrack.com to the trusted internet sites list in the browser’s security properties.

One other issue is that the forum is displayed in a frame, and that may cause issues with the cookies and security settings. I think adding both may help with that.

AND…another issue that was a problem in the past, is that if the check to remember you so you don’t have to log in again is not checked you may not be able to log in period. I definitrly remember having that problem in the past.

Thanks for the browser tips, Phoo. I don’t know what a frame is if it’s not on a house, but I get the jist.

I do remember, usually, to keep the little box checked. I’m now pretty “trained” in some of the ways of internet/PC fine-print! Cool, I’ll do the trusted sites thing.

Amazingly, my home computer that I am on now, logged in first time - and I haven’t done a thing to it for quite awhile. The only difference I can think of is that this one is using Firefox, whereas my work computer that I had problems with uses IE 7.

But I don’t think the forum board glitches have anything to do with the stability of n-Track. Version 5 is very nice, as far as I can see. Unfortunately, I haven’t yet had a chance to run it through it’s paces like I would like (“tyranny of the urgent” gets in the way), but what I have tried, ver 5 has come out shining…

Paul

if you delete your forum COOKIES they are renewed AFTER YOU LOG OM, you dont have any forum cookies untill you log on, so not having a cookie is no problen, after loggong on the cookies stay the same untill you delete them - if you have you browser set to update cookues it will update SPYWARE etc that you may (WILL) have running on your PC so KILL that option -

i think this forum runs on, or is routed through nore than 1 server and it looks like it is a server problem as while you are moaning we in Europe can log on without problems, other times you can log on and we cant -

talking of SPYWARE/MALWARE the latest updates are now available for SPYBOT Search and Destroy -

Dr J

Don’t let the forum woes stop you from up-grading to v5. it has been rock solid for me so far! :agree:

Yaz :)

I am still on IE 6.x and I had no problem logging in. I’m also pretty sure that the forum software has nothing to do with the N-Track software…so v5 is not effected by anything on the forum.

2 cents

cliff
:cool:

Thanks all… I’m considering all the advice. I realize the code for n- likely isn’t the same as for the board, I just had to consider that there might be a common issue or something. I’m an over-killer when it comes to some things.

I’m going in for v5 when I get a paycheck here. I have experience using n-Track, and I like it- when it works! Also I hear throught the grapevine that it’s giving up even better-sounding results. Maybe this’ll be the one.

Peace,
Rog.