arse from a hole in the ground

2352 couldn’t

:( Sorry Flavio 2352 couldn't remember it's arse from a hole in the ground.
OR I have a huge monkey on my back. 2352 isn't remembering any saves. Each time I open N i have to re'master. Not nice!
Anyone have a copy of 2351 that I could borrow?
:whistle: Levi :disagree:

Check your PM’s Levi.

D

All my issues have cleared up with 2352. It gave me hrs of frustration and now it’s ok. I don’t get it. The only thing I did different was to go online with nTrack open. Maybe it had to call mom.
I’m just happy that it’s working now.
Thx D!
Levi

Sorry it’s back to bs again. Even the changes that I made earlier tonight where gone. I just finished working with it off line for an hr, noting saved.
To weird for me. Saves then doesn’t save. Can’t say that it’s my system unless a hacker is changing my folder options for the fun of it.
It’s also doing strange things when working with the compressors and solo tracks.
To weird to explain.
(Coming from a clean install)
Levi :disagree:

I’m not sure what you mean. Are you saying, if you save a song file it’s not there? If you record a track the wave file isn’t saved to disk? If you change preferences then ther are reverted to the default when reopening n-Tracks? All of thos could be caused by things that aren’t n-Track fault. What do you mean by Save doesn’t Save?

Quote: (phoo @ Aug. 16 2008, 12:05 AM)

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying, if you save a song file it's not there? If you record a track the wave file isn't saved to disk? If you change preferences then ther are reverted to the default when reopening n-Tracks? All of thos could be caused by things that aren't n-Track fault. What do you mean by Save doesn't Save?

Hi Phoo,
I'm talking about existing songs that where recorded in v6 earlier builds.
When mastering adjusted eq and compressor settings aren't saving with the new build.
In fact clicking save gets a pop'up saying "Error opening the file".

Yes, I’m having the same problem - but only with n-Track compressor and Eq, and only the ones in the channels.

BTW, my recording computer is not hooked up to the internet - so it can’t automatically report problems - I wonder if the there is a way for me to do it, to send the same info the program sends?

Thanks. That clears things up. Yes, that sounds like it could be a bit of a problem. :)

As far as I know reporting problems just sends a mini crash dump. With that Flavio can look at the stack and see some variables. If there has been a crash there should be one on your machine (though I don’t know where it goes these days…I’ll need to search for older ones…probably in the same place or close)

If it’s small enough they can be emailed to Flavio, or the are too large, can be posted to the internet so Flavio can grab them from the link.

Tom, feel free to use thefartones.com private site if you need to (it’s ok to give the log-on info to Flavio). Just let me know so I don’t delete the files by accident.

(Golly…anyone else need to do that? PM me.)

Thx buddy, very nice.
Look I used up all my home time messing with 2352, now I’m back on the board and back to being a slave to the machinery(trucker). Wow talk about redundancy lol :D

I might take you up on that offer when I get a chance. Or I might just have to wait for the next build. I should leave 2352 for you engineer types. All I can say about 2352 at this point because I was struggling with one particular issue, is that it seems slower, isn’t remembering saved changes. Sorry I couldn’t be more help.
Levi

There is indeed a problem with saving changes made with the track compressor (could be the EQ also) in version build 2352. It has been reported.
Bax

I got an email from Flavio - build 2355 should fix the problem.
Bax

n-Track Studio version 6.0 Beta 2 Build 2355 Released - Saturday, August 16, 2008 4:27:00 PM EDT, 42 minutes ago
Navigator window no longer requires .Net option to be active
Fixed program not saving effects plugins when reloading a saved song
Fixed problem opening n-Track DirectX plugins in v5 after v6.0 has been installed
Reopening the program brings back song configuration as it was when the program was closed

in build 2357 the AUX is not working correctly - YET. I have every confidence that Flavio will have it fixed shortly. Please rememberm theis a BATA.

The Aux wrks perfectly in build 2357. For those of you upgrading from earlier versions, the Return Sliders are now located under the Master Fader instead of under the individual Aux VU.

2357 is real quick to load! Works nice looks cool. I like that green border around the time windows. I could get alot of work done with this version.

The oddity I mentioned in another thread that I couldn’t describe for version 2352, was in fact my laptop mouse pad. At times they get hyper sensitive and being as far away as a 3 or 4 inches can still trigger a cursor action. It was that and not nTrack.
Nice work Flavio!
Levi

Quote:

I like that green border around the time windows.

Any chance of that being optional in Preferences? I know it's a subjective, personal thing but I personally don't like the green fungus outlines... sorry...

Having said that 2357 seems to be pretty good except for the big items STILL missing... (for some of us...) :p

D

I have my “skin” set to Windows Colors (Settings>Skin) the numbers display in green but the box does not have green around it. You can experiment with the skins that are available to see if someone has made one you lke better, or write your own if you wish.

Quote: (bax3 @ Aug. 18 2008, 8:31 PM)

I have my "skin" set to Windows Colors (Settings>Skin) the numbers display in green but the box does not have green around it. You can experiment with the skins that are available to see if someone has made one you lke better, or write your own if you wish.

Ah... I set it to "n-Track V5"... looks better.

D
Quote:

or write your own if you wish.

Not worth the effort IMO. The basic look/feel is okay... I only use custom skins in 'R' because a gazillion people have made some real beauties to share. Had they not... I'd still be using the default there too!

D - not a graphic artist :p