Attention Brave souls.............

Build 1751 is up!! Brrrr…

1751 is up! Guess what? Flav has added FREEZE.

Let’s see how it goes…

TG

PS I should have noted that it is a BETA version. Sorry.

EDIT** Well, it works with a quick test. The only odd thing I noticed is the frozen track appears as a stereo waveform even though the source track was mono? ???

Just for interest’s sake - what is freeze for? Does it just allow you to mixdown the tracks that you have currently recorded along with any effects to reduce CPU usage when recording new ones?

Ta John

Freeze renders audio tracks/effects or VSTi tracks instruments to free up CPU resources. If you need to tweak a frozen tracks effects or whatever, unfreeze, change, refreeze.

TG

uh oh, I tried it but now it won’t take my registration codes for V4.0-says it’s the wrong registration data

ok, so I installed the earlier build so I could have n-tracks back and now my codes are apparently circulating around with software pirates… great…

I e-mailed Flavio so hopefully I’ll have it back soon. :)

Yeh, I’ve also become unregistered. I really like the idea of no
screaming every 25mins tho, dunno if I’ll go back just to become a pirate! I may stay unregistered but retain my hearing instead.

Freezing also sounds like fun, can’t wait!

regards

What IS UP with the un-registering thing? I have NEVER had any problems installing new versions or new builds! Man, I feel for you guys! I guess I’ve just been lucky? ???

TG

well I had sessions booked tommorrow, probably should not have put in the beta test version! Now I’m unregged and my codes are no longer flavour of the week, I dunno, also new version does not like my new VSTi’s and refuses to play them
which is also very scary considerin how much I just invested,
on the bright side I am still enjoying N-tracks and do consider it an instrument!
I may try uninstalling totally hopefully I can get back my audio workstation!..in time.

Nope I’m unable to get my reg codes accepted…oh well.
regards

So freezing is like locking tracks in Audition, yes? I love it in AA! helps a lot. It was like the one thing in AA not in N. I hope N gets it up and working good. It is so helpful. Oh, and I was a pirate before. But I sent Flavio the numbers, and he said they weren’t pirate numbers. I got if fixed, though. Perhaps it is a problem in the program itself?

Quote (stormboy @ Jan. 29 2005,00:03)
well I had sessions booked tommorrow, probably should not have put in the beta test version! Now I'm unregged and my codes are no longer flavour of the week, I dunno, also new version does not like my new VSTi's and refuses to play them
which is also very scary considerin how much I just invested,
on the bright side I am still enjoying N-tracks and do consider it an instrument!
I may try uninstalling totally hopefully I can get back my audio workstation!....in time.

Nope I'm unable to get my reg codes accepted....oh well.
regards

Please report similar problem using the feedback form, I usually reply with a solution within a few hours.

Flavio

Thanx Flavio, I’m back in business within hours much appreciated.

regards

I’m not sure this will work with the newest versions. Might be worth a check.
Back up the two cfg files: search for *.cfg in the Ntrack directory and copy them to another directory (like Config backup_ don’t change the files names).
This has come in handy for me when something really got messed up. We use Version 3.3 to teach audio at my school and something in the “protection” software will remove the serial number code if the students (they don’t have Administrator’s rights) mess with the setup file (config files).

SIR no longer works in any configuration in 1752 (at least for me).

I tried it in an aux, in a buss, on a track, and on the mains. It garbles everywhere except the mains where it is doing a strange delay effect.

I reinstalled 1752 and get same thing.

I un-installed 1752 and then re-installed 1746 and it works fine in 1746.

Anyone else?