Attention England!

If anyone’s out there…

Hi

If anyone is from England (pref North West) would they like to chat/meet up regards N Track?

I don’t care what your music taste is - though pop/rock/metal would be preferred - as I would just like to learn and pick up tips from someone who is getting better results than me. I am erally struggling with the built in manual.

I’m just looking for a decent “working knowledge” of the software: functions, when to use them, mastering, compression etc

I’ve always learned faster when watching rather than reading and even though I am not averse to RTFM, I find online manuals far more difficult than paper manuals. Sub menu after sub menu - and then it’s hard to get back to where you started etc means it is a real ball ache.
On top of this, every question I get answered usually results in another being raised (to this day, I have no idea about destructive/non destructive editing - but that’s for another time).

Besides that, I will piss everyone off here if I keep posting about every little thing that bothers me!

So, if anyone can chat or better still - meet up - then great, it would be mucho appreciated.

Cheers

Destructive editing changes the data in the wav file. Non-destructive doesn’t - it involves processing applied at the time of playback or mixdown, wihtout altering the original data in the wav file.

I’m on the other side of the Atlantic, however, so I’ll have to miss the meeting.

:)

Hello, I’m currently down near Watford, BUT…

I start a new job 31 May in Manchester, and my family and I are moving to Sheffield in late June. So, whilst up on my own I might be able to find time to help if reqd! PM me and I’m sure we could arrange something if you can wait until early next month

HTH
DSP

Birmingham - West Midlands - send PM -

Dr J

Quote (Ice 9 @ May 14 2005,07:00)
Besides that, I will piss everyone off here if I keep posting about every little thing that bothers me!

As long as you're mature and reasonable, I doubt you're going to piss anybody off around here with your questions. Most everyone enjoys helping others. :cool:

<!–QuoteBegin>

As long as you’re mature and reasonable, I doubt you’re going to piss anybody off around here with your questions. Most everyone enjoys helping others.

I agree with John. Don’t be afraid to post questions about how the software works - that’s what the forum is for. When I started with N-Track I didn’t know jack and I learned a huge amount from reading this forum.

I realize you’re not going to like this next suggestion but here goes anyway. The manual is available in PDF and can be downloaded and printed. When I started seriously using the program I downloaded the manual, printed it out, and forced myself to read it front to back. There were things I didn’t understand but I slogged through it anyway. Then, as things came up in the forum, or I encountered difficulties with the program, I thought, “Oh yeah, there was something about that in the manual” and I could look it up. As I gained experience with the program it all made more sense.

Ice, there is no substitute for RTFM I’m afraid.

And I mean the manual, not the help file, so there is no no need to jump back and forth.

Of course, experimentation, playing around with the proggy, also leads to a vast increase in knowledge.

Anyway, as you asked for English aid, I’ve no doubt that I, as a Scot, fall outside your specified parameters. :D

Ali

Thc for all your help. I will be in touch soon no doubt!

Everyone who said PM me, please PM me too.
Your help will always be helpful.

When you’re around to help/let me watch you, please let me know.

Thx

Ice I am in Manchester but have only had N for a month so a complete an utter novice.

Would appreciate any help/tips etc. If you manage to arrange a meet with anyone experienced with N I would also like to jump on the bandwaggon if poss mate. :)