audiominds and musiciansfriend.com down?

or is it my computer?

i have been having some computer problems lately, mainly w/ the internet. i get a “page cannot be displayed” message when i go to ?www.audiominds.com and www.musiciansfriend.com. is this the same for you guys?
if not, what could be the culprit

The Fiend loads up for me. I think Audiomunds is down though. I get a timeout when I try to go there.

TG

No Audiominds here either…

-Ed

no audiominds for me either. now this is a switch. wasn’t it just yesterday that a bunch of fasoft forum users came over to the audiominds forum to get their recording forum fix? now see who’s visiting who… ???

Still no Audiominds…
Wonder what’s up.

Dunno, AM is dead for me too… :(

I’m not even getting DNS resolution out of AM. Huh. Is anybody else resolving, or is the server itself out of commission?

No, DNS is not working for me either. I pulled the DNS registration and Don still has it, so it wasn’t hijacked or anything. I wonder if their DNS provider took a dump.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer
Does look like a server error. Maybe someone kicked the plug out of the wall.

Pete, Neither am i…It’s not recognising Audiominds.com.
Server must be down.

Actually, the server is probably just fine; their DNS server is likely out of commission, as Chip said. Does anybody know the IP addy? Not that it matters - but if it is DNS issue, then we could still access the system.

I often have trouble with AM from the DSL at my shop. When I use a proxy or a different DNS, no problem… but the DNS that SBC uses seems to “forget” what audiominds.com is quite often. I’ve never figured out why this is.

Bah, my DNS server already scavenged the cached records for Audiominds. The authoritative servers for the zone are listed and I can ping them, but no www record. :(

Still no Audiominds...
Wonder what's up.
Who cares? Maybe the site got hacked. :laugh:

Seriously - how do you guys have time to check 2 forums a day on basically similar subjects?

The same way you have time to post 100 threads on politics. We’re screwing up American productivity. I own the business, so I suppose I should really fire myself. And I have really been meaning to have a meeting with myself about good hygene in the office. :)

Seriously - how do you guys have time to check 2 forums a day on basically similar subjects?

SERIOUSLY????? You're JOKING, aren't you Mike? If not, this is a most interesting observation from a guy who seems to spend 16 hours a day making sure nobody but him ever ever gets the last word in any thread that he is involved in!
Quote (Bubbagump @ Sep. 23 2004,11:00)
The same way you have time to post 100 threads on politics. We're screwing up American productivity. I own the business, so I suppose I should really fire myself. And I have really been meaning to have a meeting with myself about good hygene in the office. :)

Heehee but I'm wasting Canadian productivity up here in the Great White North!!! :D

And, get working on that hygiene thing will ya? :p

:laugh:

Yup, I gotta remember to brush my butt and wipe my teeth from time to time. :laugh:

Quote (Bubbagump @ Sep. 23 2004,11:05)
Yup, I gotta remember to brush my butt and wipe my teeth from time to time. :laugh:

OK that's enough - I've got a bad visual right now... :;):

So, that's only 5 wasted threads. We're well on our way to 100!!!
how do you guys have time to check 2 forums a day

How do you have time to make 307 posts this month?
In theory, with my small post count, i have enough time to post at 25 different forums.

:)