audiominds gone again?

…or is it me?

Logged on no problemo this morning, but they’ve been out to lunch all afternoon…Hmmmm.

-Ed

Still out to lunch. They must be big eaters.

I think they were under attack last night - or having extreme server troubles. I wasn’t surprised at all this mid-morning when I found them gone. Hopefully it is nothing too serious.

Friday evening was the last time I was able to get on there. It appears we have some determined enemies focusing on the site.

dave

At least Don has backups. Having to write one more post on how and why about samples/SoundFonts/MIDI would make me nuts.

Aaand… that would be a bad thing, right?

:cool:

Friday evening was the last time I was able to get on there. It appears we have some determined enemies focusing on the site.

dave

I thought it was the server that was attacked last time, not specifically the audiominds site?

Or is the story different now? ???

Quoted from Kingdon elsewhere in this forum re the last time it was down:

It's been a long day, but, yes our server is up again. According to those in control, there seems to be a group of guys who are targeting mid range servers for back washing e-mail scams. Steve spent some time on the phone with the FBI today, and the Barclay bank, but these things all need approval from someone higher up before they allow the fog to clear.

And, I assume that "FBI" is America's equivalent of the UK's TAMR?

(Teletubbie's Association for Moral Rectitude). :D

Ali

Here’s monday and still no go…oh well I wasn’t getting any feedback over there anyway…so basically nothing changed on that front! …tehe :blues:

oh well I wasn't getting any feedback over there anyway
That's cuz you're not part of the little click over there.

Hey - the nTrack forum is now a support site for Audiominds!!!

Just tried going there today… nothing. Would be nice if someone from there could update us on what’s going on. Or maybe I’m just going outtomymind (.com).

Hey, I’m not part of any clicks anywere…and I’d like to keep it that way!..tehe
A rebel without a clue…
Anyway they do have a critic area but I don’t see any critiqein’ goin’ on even on there fellow residence, so no offence taken…just doen’t seem to be a hot spot for the musical advice my poor soul is yearning for…no biggy…I still love them. and all of you of course! tehe…

You’re global now Jerm!

Quote (MidnightToker @ Oct. 04 2004,18:28)
You're global now Jerm!

Let's hold hands together now and sing " It's a small world after all!"....tehe

I haven’t been able to reach audiominds for several days now.

Where is it!!!???

Why aren’t the admin posting here??

Yes we need a seperate forum here at fasoft for AUDIOMIND relief!!!

Yes we need a seperate forum here at fasoft for AUDIOMIND relief
Don't you dare suggest that - those guys left and they can have their own "hacked" web site :laugh:
Quote (MidnightToker @ Oct. 04 2004,23:59)
Yes we need a seperate forum here at fasoft for AUDIOMIND relief

Don't you dare suggest that - those guys left and they can have their own "hacked" web site :laugh:
Never did quite figure out that whole hacked thing here at Ntrack. I used to type www.fasoft.com for years and it would audomatically direct me here...never gave it a second thought.
Then all of the sudden some guy comes in here and says" Ntrack has been hacked" and everyone spazzes out and thinks it just so awful this should suddenly happen. That sites been there for years...what's the big deal? Am I missing something here? And what all of the sudden made it classify as a hacked site..it had the same address as the one that's been there since at least 1998 when I first logged on to it?
Someone please dummy this whole thing up for me 'cause I'm lost. Obviously I know soemthing went wrong for Flavio to put this site down for a couple of days but what- if anything did it have to do with a site that's been at www.fasoft.com for 6 years?

Jerm, the forum was hacked, and was flooded with random posts…some of them talking about Indians or something as i recall, im not sure why it was down for so long though, maybe Flavio went on holiday or something, or just fancied a break from you lot arguing
:)

That's cuz you're not part of the little click over there.

I dont there's that much of a click there as you think, i always get lots of replies to my posts/threads (in the main AM forum that is).

Jerm, the site was hacked and ‘defaced’.

What the guys did was to get into the site, deleted everything that was there, and then put up a front website that was saying what they wanted it to say.

Flavio had to reinstall the forum and recreate/restore the content of his website.
That’s why the site gradually (in steps) ‘recovered’.

W