Aux send automation

Is there a problem here?

Hi, group!

Do you reckon the aux send automation (like the group aux send volumes) have the effect they’re supposed to have? I don’t know if it’s me, or if they just don’t seem to work quite correctly.

Also, my channel properties window has an annoying tendency to open when I don’t need or want it to open. I think this started happening when I installed Build ~70. I’m pretty sure this didn’t happen before, but I don’t know where to find the toggle switch to keep this from happening. Do you know?

Cheers,
Fuggle

Quote: (Fuggle_Hop @ Dec. 16 2010, 7:55 PM)

Hi, group!

Do you reckon the aux send automation (like the group aux send volumes) have the effect they're supposed to have? I don't know if it's me, or if they just don't seem to work quite correctly.

Also, my channel properties window has an annoying tendency to open when I don't need or want it to open. I think this started happening when I installed Build ~70. I'm pretty sure this didn't happen before, but I don't know where to find the toggle switch to keep this from happening. Do you know?

Cheers,
Fuggle

Hi Fuggle_Hop:

Could there be another way to describe your question, issue/request, in another way ? .. I don't believe I use n-Track the way you use IT when Editing..

Also, I believe you are asking for an (ON-OFF) config. in a Drop-Down Menu as not to be able to accidentally open the Channel Properties Screen..

Nice request..

:)
:agree:

Bill..

Hi, Woxnerw–

I don’t like windows popping open when I don’t want them to, eh.

Do you not use level automation with your channels’ aux sends?

F

Quote: (Fuggle_Hop @ Dec. 18 2010, 4:18 AM)

Hi, Woxnerw--

I don't like windows popping open when I don't want them to, eh.

Do you not use level automation with your channels' aux sends?

F

Hi Fuggle_Hop:
When editing, it's tough on the concentration and mental work flow when windows/pop-up screens appear while using the mouse for controlling all of the commands to complete the edit(s) as the End Product comes together..

Lately, it's rare-if-ever, that I use Aux sends and returns with any tracks..
I use Groups to control Effects of several tracks..
then send the group to the master..
The I will sub-Master Groups and return them to the timeline..
It rare that I load the timeline to a point that stresses the computer's resources..

Bill..

Right. Okay, there IS a problem:

On AUX TWO I’ve got a reverb plugin which I’ve set to unity on the master section.

On channel one of my mix section, I’ve got a snare. On channel one, I’ve added an aux send to the reverb channel.

Here’s the problem: I’ve got channel one’s reverb send set to unity (post-fader). Now, I’ve drawn in channel one’s “Draw send to aux channel two volume” and it makes no difference; I can have the drawn automation at -INF, but it makes no difference; there’s no conjunction between the mix section’s virtual faders and the drawn-automation.

FLAVIO–Bug or feature?

Fuggle

Oh, I see…it’s a feature; whether a send is to aux 1 or aux 2 (or whatever) is relative to how many aux sends an individual channel has; a channel’s send automation has nothing to do with the sequence and number of aux channels existing in the master section.

I’m with you now.

Fuggle

Cheers, Fuggle. I’m struggling with this:-(