Axiom 49

As some of you may know I am delving into this midi thing pretty deep, and have considered the possible application of midi in live performances (as apposed to just using the midi created backing tracks in wav. format) in other words I want to be able to play some of the parts on stage and modify them in real time and human feeling…
SO I have considered picking one of these up:

Axiom 49

which i could do this week for under less then 1/2 the retail.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of device, my main concern is that it would be one of those devices that does not actually “play” any sounds itself but would need a computer or other midi/bank device to accompany it for live performance…my ignorance showing here…

I have an old Casio that is midi, but it is pretty ancient and the sounds in it are crappy so I would not take it on stage…

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated to dispel my ignorance.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

The Axiom series are MIDI controllers. They DO NOT have built-in sound generation of any type. You use them to play soft syths hosted by a PC or Mac. You can also use them with other keyboards or hardware sound modules.

I’ve been jonesin’ for one myself… just haven’t gotten around to getting one yet.

D

Do you want to trigger midi sequences from a keyboard controller?
For example assigning a midi sequence to a note number.
The Axiom seems overkill for such a function.
Take a look at -

http://remixmag.com/dj_and_performance/remix_dream_sequence/

I have a much simpler m-audio usb midi keyboard to contol VSTi thingies. works beautifully, and it’s like having 1000s of keyboards…and so many are sooooo good…but that one you linked to has a while bunch of control functions - for the serious performing-synthesist…

Thanx guys I think I got the idea now.

IT sounds like a just need to get a better keyboard that is stage worthy, it is mainly going to be used for violins/horns/bass lines backing tracks But I want to be able to ajust speeds or pitch and key(transpose) on the fly, something I cannot do with a wav. backing track…

keep shinin

jerm :cool: