Back and brown!

wassup?

:D hello all you lovely gentlemen

We're back from Tuscany, it was awesome. The sun was sooo hot for the first week, we sat by the pool reading books, playing cards and inventing new ball games in the pool.

The second week the weather was not so hot so we went and did the whole 'tourist' thing....Pisa was great but the tower (you know....the one that leans) is really piddly! Short and stout like a liccle Italian man! The hill top towns were beautiful with breathtaking views and gorgeous architecture.

I wrote a few songs there too! One is a working progress and called 'Florence and false nails' after my two biggest let downs of the honeymoon, my false nails looked great but I couldn't play guitar! So that wouldn't do....i took them off asap but it took about 4 hours in total to rip the damn things off and then they left my real nails in a right state! … oh and Florence was horrible...it was stinky and dirty and built up and full of yuck.

We have the photo's in the pipeline and i'll upload them asap for you all soon.

There is so much I need to tell you about studio's n stuff but i've a few emails to write first and a house that looks like it has been in Florence to clean, so i'll have to try n fill you in later...

I've got sooo much to catch up on here...can you guys fill me in? What've I missed? ??? (apart from another 30 odd song entries from the amazingly talented Mr TomS!)

ahhhhhhh....it's good to be back. :)
mwah mwah mwah

Ange Swan ;) x

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time. I can’t wait to see the pictures and hear the songs.

Watched a movie this weekend that I hadn’t seen in a while. “My Favorite Year” The main character is played by Peter O’Toole – Alan Swann. Great movie.

I assume he isn’t a relative. :laugh:

That is the trip of a lifetime for us North Americans…

A working guitar player has to be real careful how he/she treats their hands…
I hope you didn’t do any long-term damage to your fingers …

I’ll be checking for links to the photos you post…
Thank you…
in advance for sharing them with us…

Bill…

Welcome home Ange! :agree:

Hi Ange, you do realize with the exception of Pop’s we are all rather short and stout Italian men didn’t you?
Of course many of our parents migrated west to the states. Oh well, we can’t all be sprouting Irishmen, you’ve got a point there :agree:

Sono un breve uomo italiano.

OH, Flavio is going to hate me for that.
Flavio - I used Alta Vista Babel Fish.
I know no Italian, although I wish I did.

Welcome home Ange!

Isn’t “Back and Brown” an ACDC song?

A very popular, cheap and effective way of removing the acrylic nails is to use acetone. One must buy pure acetone, which is easily available from any store that sells regular nail polish remover. The nails should then be clipped as far as possible. Now the elaborate method is as follows. Take some aluminum foil and cut it into squares. Now, wet the cotton balls with acetone, lay it on the nail and cover it as tightly as possible with the aluminum foil. Repeat the procedure for all 10 nails or do one hand at a time. Do not open the foil for at least 20 minutes. Once the time elapses, remove the foils one at a time and with a wood pusher or orange wood stick scrape the acrylic off. Ideally it should come right off, however the process can be repeated if there are some traces left. Another way of removing the nails using acetones is to soak the hands in warm water for some time. Then soak them in acetone and the acrylic nails will then become soft and easily remove.

So I’ve heard :laugh:

Welcome back.

Quote:

So I've heard

Sumpin' you wanna tell us there 7 o' 11? :laugh:

Welcome back Ange and Rob. Congrats.

D

PS Acetone will dry out your skin something fierce so make sure you moisturize well after. (So I've heard...) :laugh:
Quote:

PS Acetone will dry out your skin something fierce so make sure you moisturize well after. (So I've heard...)

Sooooo True :laugh:

Hrm…you guys have a Ziggy Stardust period or something?

Quote: (TomS @ Sep. 22 2009, 7:21 AM)

Hrm..you guys have a Ziggy Stardust period or something?

Actually, the job I had years ago required I use acetone as a cleaning agent. (A few other nasty chemicals too.) Acetone played heck with my skin until I wised up and started using gloves... trouble is, acetone would eat them up in just a few minutes.

Can't speak for seven though... :p

D

Welcome back Rob and Ange…er…Mr. and Mrs. Swan I believe!

Acetone???..no way…after years of doing laminate counter tops and cleaning the glue off with acetone, hands cracking open, hair turning gray, ulcers, brain damage, oh wait…that was beer drinking…the hands will crack open tho. :laugh:

Hey - I was just trying to play flemenco guitar - with a David Bowie flair.

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Sep. 22 2009, 10:30 AM)

Hey - I was just trying to play flemenco guitar - with a David Bowie flair.

AHA! :)
Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Sep. 21 2009, 7:37 PM)

A very popular, cheap and effective way of removing the acrylic nails is to use acetone. One must buy pure acetone, which is easily available from any store that sells regular nail polish remover. The nails should then be clipped as far as possible. Now the elaborate method is as follows. Take some aluminum foil and cut it into squares. Now, wet the cotton balls with acetone, lay it on the nail and cover it as tightly as possible with the aluminum foil. Repeat the procedure for all 10 nails or do one hand at a time. Do not open the foil for at least 20 minutes. Once the time elapses, remove the foils one at a time and with a wood pusher or orange wood stick scrape the acrylic off. Ideally it should come right off, however the process can be repeated if there are some traces left. Another way of removing the nails using acetones is to soak the hands in warm water for some time. Then soak them in acetone and the acrylic nails will then become soft and easily remove.

So I've heard :laugh:

Welcome back.

'Ctrl C' 'Ctrl V' ..... Tosh!

I soaked my little dinky digits in that acidic crap for 4 hours in total and all that actually melted was the top layer of plastic and my top 3 layers of skin! I ended up going with the old 'tear and hope' routine!

Anyhoozle....