Band Photos

-or- How to look like a bunch of dorks

I haven’t looked through all of these yet, but most of them are pretty bad.

Some of my old publicity shots aren’t much better, though.
:laugh:

The Band Photo Hall Of Shame

:cool:

EDIT** Just now caught the “deal”…

Here’s a nice bunch of folks you could have over for some wine and cheese:

Looky here!

You can even listen to a lo-fi clip of their music…

Actually, these guys are pretty good:

If you like Limp Bizkit, you’ll like these guys.

ha!.. scare your children!

http://www.rockandrollconfidential.com/hall…eyid=80

isaac

Quote (idover @ July 22 2005,20:33)
ha!... scare your children!

http://www.rockandrollconfidential.com/hall....eyid=80

isaac

Do you think these guys know anything by ABBA?
:D

Holy CRAP! Are there no “normal” looking people around anymore? Why do these guys insist on looking so freaky?

TG

PS Check THIS “THING” out…

thanks a lot tg… i was hoping to sleep tonight…

:D

isaac

Quote (idover @ July 22 2005,22:40)
thanks a lot tg... i was hoping to sleep tonight...

:D...

isaac

Sweet dreams isaac... but watch out for da' boogie man! LOL!

TG
Quote (gtr4him @ July 22 2005,22:16)
PS Check THIS "THING" out.....

Is that a guy or a gal?!? wtf?

I like photos were everyone is trying to look tough, but it comes across totally wrong. Some of this guys comments on the pictures are pretty funny, too - he goes into a whole series of pictures done in front of the now-hokey "brick wall."
Quote (John @ July 23 2005,16:51)
Is that a guy or a gal?!? wtf?

I believe that is THE 64,000 Simolean question... whatever it is, keep it away from me! :D

TG

Jeez, why is everyone so afraid of genderqueerness. Have you ever been to large city?

Guess which two in this band are the rhythm section…

H2 Webpage

You actually should downlod the video linked down lower on the page. It is a bit more commercial than their other stuff but very well done.

Peace

Aye looking at band photo’s are a gas, but in all truth, most of the band photo’s I’ve been in are so hilarious to look at today, alot of these pics are pretty mundane.

I even did the face paint crap at an earlier age, boy is that scarey. Platform shoes, long stringy hair, un-shaved, you know, the rock n roll I don’t give a crap look, LOL.

Sex drugs and rock n roll, yeah buddy! :D

Quote (TrackGrrrl @ July 25 2005,02:52)
Jeez, why is everyone so afraid of genderqueerness. Have you ever been to large city?

Guess which two in this band are the rhythm section...

H2 Webpage

You actually should downlod the video linked down lower on the page. It is a bit more commercial than their other stuff but very well done.

Peace

The two on the left. The girl is the drummer?

TG

Quote (TrackGrrrl @ July 25 2005,02:52)

Guess which two in this band are the rhythm section…

H2 Webpage

Peace

The guitarist changed her hair color, and the singer has more ear rings. :)

Where would the popular culture industry be without gender-bending

and a fear of it? How would anyone make money? If flaunting the conventions turned out to be totally acceptable, the whole commodification of dissent thing would become totally ineffective. So truly free sexual identities will continue to remain elusive, the fundamentalist right wing will still be useful to the marketers targeting “rebellious” youth culture, and the marketing of rebellion will continue to be a safe and predictable source of income. In that sense most of these attempts to subvert sexual identity for art’s sake strike me as pretty stupid, and very, very poor art.

Was that a 1980’s casio I heard in the Work is the Hammer song? :) I liked the “fight song” better. Sounds a lot like Boston (the city, not the group) - that old Titanics and Lyres thing. Am I off?

"The two on the left. The girl is the drummer?"

Nope, 100% true to rock and roll form it is the two in back dressed in dark clothing - just like on so many stages across the country.

Girl drummers in mixed gender bands…, now you got me thinking about Jody who played drums and sang in the group Hazel.

Darn TomS, you nailed it - all about designing strongly defined marketing demographics and herding folks into them. Creates problems for us individuals who are by our own nature varient and not always in ways that fit those simple marketing categories. Human lives are #### complex and this is never taken into account. Not fun to be on the receiving end of the bullshit and violence that is implicitly sanctioned by a system that divides and confines people to particular categories and applies stereotypes to everyone both within and outside the boundaries.

Could be a Casio - I will give another listen. Yeah they were a Boston based band for a very long time until a recent move to Cali. They were true road warriors for several years, touring their asses off all over the country. I have to give some cred to anyone who does that.

Peace