Bass program

Is there a program like jamstix but for bass parts?
if not there should be.

Bones

Jambace. Check it out at the Jamstix site.

Or if you can play guitar, buy a bass!

I play guitar but my bass tracks suck… :)

I end up playing stuff that just follows the root too much or is too much like the guitar track and doesn’t create it’s own groove.
I just can’t “think” bass…

I will be trying out Jambace with interest once it is out… if it is as good as Jamstix, then that will be awesome.
I’m just not sure how well it will be able to match bass lines to a particular song… sure you can tell it what key the song is and all that but I dunno… I’m hoping it will work and be functionaly/useful lets see…

I too am crap at drums, and bass lines.

(What I really need is a Phoo VSTi and a Jaco Pastorius VSTi). :)

However, having neither of those…

I do have fully functional demo’s of Virtual Bassist and Groove Agent 2 from Steinberg, but never tried them yet.

So, gimme a week or several, and I’ll post a report. :)

(But gimme a wee while, my Midi keyboard has gone tits up. It seems M-Audio products really aren’t very good at dealing with sangria being spilt over them). :(

EDIT: Oh yeah, anyway, the USB connector on the M-Audio keyboard can’t really be called “appalling”, because that would leave no word to describe the Midi connector.

So, I’m now looking for a better Midi keyboard. Any ideas guys? (And it has to be arthritis friendly. :D).

Artist Collaboration ?

Sadly Mark, I’m crap at collaboration. :(

Every known a lead guitarist who wasn’t convinced he was the dog’s bollocks? :laugh:

Ali

<!–QuoteBegin>

Every known a lead guitarist who wasn’t convinced he was the dog’s bollocks?

Of course I have, but in my case I am the DB’s so it doesn’t apply!

Q. How many lead guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

A. Ten. One to change the bulb and the other nine to say they could have done it better.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Jambace. Check it out at the Jamstix site

If it’s anywhere near as good as JamStix is, I can hardly wait for the release.
As RichLum says: playing a guitar or a bass just isn’t the same thing.

thought it only took one guitar player to change a light bulb,casue the world revolves around them,no?

<!–QuoteBegin>

I just can’t “think” bass…

Yeah I know that one. Several years ago I played lead guitar in a group in our church. I had many years of lead playing under my belt in many different situations. Anyway, our bass player had to move on and since it seemed better to do without a lead guitar player than a bass player I borrowed a bass to fill in for a few weeks… It turned into five years.

I really learned how to “think bass”. Really enjoyed myself too. Bass is not a poor man’s guitar; it’s a wonderful instrument in it’s own right. In some respects when playing bass I could be much more creative than playing lead… and I gained far more insight into how a rhythm section works.

I don’t play bass much now except when recording my tracks or very occasionally standing in for some one.

I encourage all guitar players to have a go at bass sometime… it’s another string to your bow (pun? what pun?)

<!–QuoteBegin>
thought it only took one guitar player to change a light bulb,casue the world revolves around them,no?

Silly me. Of course you are correct… no wait…that’s Lead Singers.