Been A While But Here Is A New Clip

Sorry I have been non-existent lately. I have been waiting for my new amp for the past 4 months and it finally arrived. I decided to go the Marshall JCM800 route. I had it modded by Mike Fortin (http://www.fortinamps.com/). He performed his Cali mod which is his version of the Jose mod circuit.

Sounds great! I had a chance to record it and thought I would share (all done with nTrack 6). I created the drums with Steven Slate and recorded the bass, rhythm and lead. Hope you like it. Decided to do a cover of Satriani’s Summer Song.

http://www.netmusicians.org/files…%29.mp3

Well, that doesn’t anything like suck. It sounds fabulous. What exactly is the mod?

Wowser, great performance. Biggest tweak I would make on the whole thing is the drums. You using the Slate MIDIs as the drums sound very static.

I second what TOm said on the definitely not sucking (at least the guitar playing and tone) bit surprised myself, never been much of a Marshall fan.

Second what Bubba said as well about the drums, I almost got in on the last Slate group buy…the samples on their site certainly sound better…anywho I imagine this post was not to showcase the drum package! lol but your new Mojo tone and that it does fine!
:agree:

Few questions did you use a D/O from the amp or mic (what kind) or a combination of both panned L/R?

keep shinin

jerm
:cool:

Like they said, excellent guitar!
When you do a cover by someone like Satriani’s, do you just learn it by listening to the original, or do you make use of sheet music or tabs?

Quote: (TomS @ Apr. 26 2010, 2:12 PM)

Well, that doesn't anything like suck.
It sounds fabulous.
What exactly is the mod?

Thanks! The Cali mod is Mike Fortin's version of the Jose Arredondo mods performed on some classic high gain Marshall amp back in the day. It is a hot rodded Marshall. I have only had a few days with it but already I love it. It basically takes a stock non-master volume JCM800 and injects it a master volume, increased gain and a very transparent effects loop.
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Apr. 26 2010, 3:02 PM)

Wowser, great performance. Biggest tweak I would make on the whole thing is the drums. You using the Slate MIDIs as the drums sound very static.

Thanks! Not very good with drums but sounds better than anything else I use. I am a novice when it comes to making realistic drums. I would eventually like to get a Roland V-Drums set but not really in the cards right now seeing as how I just ordered a custom Anderson Drop Top guitar. I receive it next month and I can't wait.
Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Apr. 26 2010, 5:56 PM)

I second what TOm said on the definitely not sucking (at least the guitar playing and tone) bit surprised myself, never been much of a Marshall fan.

Second what Bubba said as well about the drums, I almost got in on the last Slate group buy....the samples on their site certainly sound better.....anywho I imagine this post was not to showcase the drum package! lol but your new Mojo tone and that it does fine!
:agree:

Few questions did you use a D/O from the amp or mic (what kind) or a combination of both panned L/R?

keep shinin

jerm
:cool:

Thanks! I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface on what this amp can do yet. It does demonstrate how "plug and play" it is.

Here is how I recorded the guitars (rhythm and lead):

Music Man Petrucci -> Rocktron Xpression (delay on lead only) -> JCM800 -> Bogner OS 2x12 (w V30s) -> Shure 57 & Sennheiser e609 combo -> Mobile Pre USB -> nTrack 6.

One rhythm take hard left and another take hard right. Lead down the middle. I used a cheap Yamaha bass through a SansAmp Bass DI box straight into my mic preamp.
Quote: (pingcat @ Apr. 27 2010, 6:14 PM)

Like they said, excellent guitar!
When you do a cover by someone like Satriani's, do you just learn it by listening to the original, or do you make use of sheet music or tabs?

Thanks! I just listen and do my best to emulate. I like to take some liberties with the lead playing so it sounds like "me". I used to use tab back when I was first playing (mid to late 80s) but I have gotten lazy. I would rather interpret what I am hearing my way.

Stunning!!!

GREAT performance