before intro

click track

does anyone know how I could add a 10 sec. click track before ntrack starts recording?
TIA
Mike

This isn’t exactly what you want, but it works for me:
I program my drumtracks to start with two measures of a count-off: either a rimshot or kick drum, with a basic “one and a two and a one-two-three-four” pattern before the actual song starts. (like this|13|1 2 3 4|). Once the final mix is done, you can cut that part off of the final song (or leave it in – sometimes it’s a cool effect).

Even if you don’t have drums in the song, it’s pretty easy to do this in N-Track Drums; you’d program the count-off, then use the midi pianoroll to switch to a basic click track for the rest of the song. Then it will be sample-accurate, and will respond to automated tempo evolutions just like any midi track. Then you just mute it for the mixdown.

I hope this helps!

PR

Quote (PapaRomeo @ July 24 2006,17:22)
This isn't exactly what you want, but it works for me:
I program my drumtracks to start with two measure of a count-off: either a rimshot or kick drum, with a basic "one and a two and a one-two-three-four" pattern before the actual song starts. (like this|1*3*|1 2 3 4|). Once the final mix is done, you can cut that part off of the final song (or leave it in -- sometimes it's a cool effect).

I hope this helps!

PR

thanks