Beggars can't be choosers

Crikey… that’s it! I ain’t seen one of them in a loooonnnggg time. I used to have one o’dem turds though… and a Soundblaster… mixed a buncha tunes on that old junk… Old PII 450…

It was all tracked elsewhere though with the files coming to me on CD. No way I’d have tried actually recording with that noisy POS…

D

Man that’s getting ancient there! Got any 8-track tapes laying around? :laugh:

I’ve got one and it’s a doozy.

Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed

Quote: (phoo @ Jan. 27 2009, 11:15 AM)

I've got one and it's a doozy.

Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed

Heh - I've got Genesis' Foxtrot album on 8 track. Might be a Sgt Pepper's album around here on 8 track, too....seems like I ran across that one a while back.

Have 3 Firesign Theater and 1 Black Oak Arkansas (8 tracks)
Still have my player too. (Yes it’s a Craig)

Tossed all my 8-Tracks years ago…

I had a Craig 8-Track recorder that I’d patch in between my guitar and amp. The preamp in that deck distorted very nicely when maxed out. :laugh: I think it went guitar > phono pre > eight track deck > amp… what a racket!

Hey, I was a poor, broke teenager makin’ do with what I could lay hands on… :p

D

Metal Machine Music - on 8-track? Phoo, don’t ever get rid of that. It is exactly what 8-track was made for.

Plus in all seriousness it’s probably a minor collector’s item.

Here’s the original RS review!

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews…e_music

If you ever decide to get rid of it, please give it to me…please… :)

Quote:

Quote:

Metal Machine Music - Here's the original RS review!

four sides of what sounds like the tubular groaning of a galactic refrigerator

Quite a review there.
Maybe it's good for sampling.

Nope, not good for sampling. Not good for much of anything. :)

Very true. Lou Reed intended it to be totally useless to the record company, and he dang near succeeded in making an album TOTALLY useless to anyone except to folks that collect totally useless stuff many years later. Perfect for me. I’ve played it once. Really groovey man…once was enough.

No, I have no plans to get rid of it. It’s one of my treasures, along with a Bulgarian Beatles album.

There’s another album that’s a close second, but I actually found this album pleasently inspiring…seriously. Yes, I have pretty strange tastes in music. I have the vinyl and casseette, but sadly no 8-track.

No Pussyfooting by Fripp and Eno

I really did enjoy this one with headphones in the dark. Don’t need no drugs to get all trippy.

(think about it – I like that thing but still can’t handle rap)

Maybe it was a trash album to fulfil a record contract. Back then - it was
pretty cut-throat I understand. Had to put out so many albums in such and such
time.