begiining woth Ntrack

help needed

I am very new to Ntrack. I got started by using Ntrack drums to make a rhythm track, worked fine. I tried to clone the track & got a waveform on another track but no sound. The most confusing thing is for two tracks of drums I have eleven [11] tracks on the track mixer, none of which have any sound, none of which I actioned & none of which I can remove. I have heard brilliant recordings made with Ntrack but I can’t get started. Help needed urgently.

Quote: (Austin Coll @ Oct. 31 2008, 8:49 AM)

The most confusing thing is for two tracks of drums I have eleven [11] tracks on the track mixer, none of which have any sound, none of which I actioned & none of which I can remove.

As far as the additional tracks; you actioned them some way or they wouldn't be there even though it's the Halloween season. :)

The area your seeing the 11 tracks in, is called the "time line".
Here is how you can add one.
1. You can right click anywhere on the 'time line' and choose from the dialog box; 'add a blank audio or midi track'.
2. You can hit record and n will generate another track even if no signal is being applied.
3. You can also click on the "track strip" and add a blank track (You can arm it to record later). So your doing something like that to make the tracks appear.
4. There are other mouse sensitive ways that tracks can be added but I always use the above techniques deliberately, so I can't describe how the accidental ways happen.

To remove any of them; right click on one and choose remove track. You can also remove a wav or midi file from any of those tracks by right clicking and selecting "Remove Part". If you chop a track into parts, thats how you remove parts. :)
Hope some of that helps!
Welcome to n! Don't let these kind monkies around here scare you!
Levi