behringer.

AH…The grand possibilities are now at hand. I have managed to get this unit functioning the way it was meant to be. Interestingly enough the units editing software (B-Control from Behringer) is a beta and doesn’t work, well I should say you can edit but can’t save to hardware but you can save to a file .syx, did find a 3rd party program MIDI-OX to add this file with my edited settings to the hardware. So in the end, it took 2 pieces of software and 12 hours work and the unit now runs N-Track with 24 tracks with 8 bands of EQ’s for each track :agree: Using the learn feature in N-Track made this possible.

Here’s a pick of the unit.
http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mixerq.jpg

I will assist any person in the setup of this unit for N-Track. Mine is setup as follows,

Since I record in stereo most of the time I have each preset (Up to 32 of them with 4 banks for each for a total of 128 full sets) setup for 2 tracks. In my case, Preset 1 is tracks 1&2 with each track having 8 bands of EQ using to rows of rotary controllers with the bottom row only using 2 rotays as pan left and right. On the top row I have the first 2 rotary as volume control, beside that I push the third one to record and push the forth to reset time line back to zero and the last top right rotary is used to set master volume. Bottom right buttons are for play/stop and pause.

I have a total of 12 presets covering 24 tracks.

Hope this helps.
PACO

Cool :agree:

Where’s the PANIC button?!

Nice job Paco - I know that was a ton of work.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Well I lied, I actually started at 5:30am, no experience at all with these things and finished, knowing it ALL at 6:30 pm. 13 hrs non-stop, except for a couple of beer, water pops. Not bad for an old dog. Like I said, I know this thing in and out and will help who ever needs it. Not everybody will want it set up the way I do but I can certainly help get you going in the right direction, so just ask. I only showed the pick of my set-up to give an idea of what can be done. Thanks for the great comments.

PACO

I’ve been considering the fader-version of the controller myself, and I guess that would have ended with me tearing my hair in frustration over the software.

Thank you for posting!

I.T.

Quote: (Iwont Tell @ Feb. 27 2009, 10:20 AM)

I've been considering the fader-version of the controller myself, and I guess that would have ended with me tearing my hair in frustration over the software.

Thank you for posting!

I.T.

Ya..don't get me wrong you can make it work any way you like. The editing software works but it's only flaw is, it won't load to hardware, thats where Midi OX comes in and it works fine. I even know what the problem is in the editing software from Behringer. When it goes save to hardware it's looking for device "0" but the device is actually device "1", thats why the editor pounds sand when you go to load to hardware. It's most likely a simple hex edit fix to the .jar file.

PACO

Some programing figures.

For my setup, 24 track for N-Track

360= buttons configured. (Thats moving them in learn mode)
2160= Total mouse clicks.
120= Keystrokes
9= Beer :D
9= Irish Creams :)

PACO :peace:

MACKIE CONTROL UNIVERSAL EMULATION VIA BEHRINGER CONTROL SURFACE PRESETS -

have a look at this -

http://www.arthunkins.com/articles.htm

the preset(s) sets the BCR2000 to the Mackie Baby Hui (universal) controller protocol, this is accepted by most DAWS - you then use learn to set N to that protocol - this way your unit will be compatable with a lot of major software -

if you downlowd the presets DO NOT USE the + version - the text file will tell ypu why -

M.R.

Thats good to know. I used the slot 1, (Preset 1) the default to configure all buttons and controllers so that each preset (a copy of preset 1) would be able to “learn” from any program and that all buttons and controllers are available. The BCR2000’s default only has one preset to allow all the buttons and controllers to be mapped and the rest, 15 presets are for various other audio programs which take advantage of the BCR2000 which I was able to over write. I was able to use the edit program from Behringer and Midi OX to change the presets to exactly what I looking for.

PACO

Do you have to load a sysex (.syx) each time you change the preset?

not to change a preset - once the preset is installed then the parts of the preset (switchs rotary controllers) can be altered at will and then saved either back to the original (main) preset or to another preset position -

i set mine up to work with Virtual DJ as a replacement for my Hercules DJ unit which is at another place - now that was fun (errr not)

M.R.

The .syx file is made when editing the controller. This editing deals specifically with what each button and rotary can do. For example you could have a rotary act as a switch instead of a dial, or make a dial have a turning range of 0 to 25 instead of 0 to 127, or have a button toggle on or off or at act as incremental, things of that nature. Once the controller settings are saved to .syx then loaded into the controller “then the parts of the preset (switchs rotary controllers) can be altered (Learn) at will and then saved either back to the original (main) preset or to another preset position (using the “store” feature on the BCR200) -” as Rabbit mentioned.

PACO