Big Cruiser

For anyone interested…

Hi Guys:
The Queen Mary 11 is in the harbour… It’s gonna be here for a day or so… She’s a Big Boat…

http://novascotia.cbc.ca/webcam/

http://webcam.chebucto.net/

They’re saying the low-priced rooms are about $750.00 usd a day…

Bill…

That’s for the low priced rooms? It is amazing that anyone can afford it…

:)

Hi Tom:
This photo appeared in the local paper this morning. The res.-to-size is as good as well… Anyway, this will give you some idea as to it’s size…

She’s a Billion Dollar Boat…

From here she is headed to Portland Maine… And then… Well…

Bill…

Unbelievable. :D

The “Theodore Too” was one of the Tugs, eh? Was your friend Denny Doherty “The Harbour master” on hand? :)

OK, Now I 've got the Theodore Tugboat theme in my head.

:)

Hi Tom:
That Tugboat program was just the greatest show for the kids… Too bad it was removed from the list of Kid’s Shows… Denny was one of our local Music Heros out of the '60’s and '70’s… Of course, without Mamma Cass there would have been no “Magic”… But Denny was a great part of the Group’s Glue…

What money he has, and some of it is invested all over the Halifax area… Well…

As I understand, he lives in the Toronto area, now… But he gets into town, from time-to-time…

That’s some of the stories that I know…

Bill…

A British Ship built in France. We used to be able to build ships ourselves. Great Britain, don’t make me laugh.

Guy

Hi Guy:
The paper editorial should have gone into the Queen Mayr 11 in greater detail regarding the history of the Cunard Steamship Line’s involvments in the shipping industry… But however , that didn’t happen… Samual Curnard was a local buisness Man, born in the UK. around the turn of the century… I don’t know just when, but he made his money when crossing the Atlantic was by ship, only…

The Flagship of the fleet was the Queen Mary… there was the Queen Elizabeth, as well, among others… Most of those Liners set Atlantic crossing records, in their day… I stand corrected… But most of the fleet was built in the UK… I didn’t know the Q.M. 11 was built in France… That’s a shame… The Irish and Brits were the steel ship builders, in the world, in their day…

When cruisers of this size are being built again, it appears that that traveling the world by ship, may be on it’s way back… At any rate, the Queen Mary 11 will be back here again on Oct. 6th… That’s if everything goes to plan…

Bill…