Big Math

1 Trillion

Anyone know how to put 1 trillion in a calculator?
Also, what percentage of the us population of 305,733,816 is over 18 and making less than 200,000 a yr?
To get to the point. Wondering how much each of us would get if the 1 trillion stimulus money was divided up among all of us over 18, with less than a 200,000 a year income?
It seems to me if we could have the yr off from paying bills or had a nice little check of say 50,000 for each of us.
A whole lot of spending would be goin
on.
:) It would be intresting to know how the trillion would divide.
Of course that would require 1 trillion in cold cash Hmmmmmmm?

What is a trillion?
100,000 million?

I’m hoping for the best for Obama

a trillion is 1,000,000,000,000 — 10 to the 12th power, or a thousand, thousand, thousand, thousand.

I’ll try some math.

111,162,259 estimated households in US in 2007.
Estimated percent income under $100,000.00 is %90.
90% of 111,162,259 is 100,046,033.1 households
1 trillion dollars divided by 100,046,033.1 is 9,995.398808071282

so roughly ten grand for 100 million households. Is that correct?

i don’t even make 200,000 pennies a year!

Basically, this means that in order to TRY and pull economy out of this ditch, we’re gonna borrow so much money that King Solomon’s riches wouldn’t have even made a dent. Mida’s money would have been chump change. Poppa could probably hannlit though… :p

Our great grandchildren to the 30th power won’t be able to pay this off…

D.D.D III

not true D - the top 10% of households could be taxed enough to pay this in one year. They would be broke after that but we’d be out of debt!

I’m talking about the TOTAL debt. Not just this measly one trillion. It won’t stop at a trillion. Hide and watch… bummer

D.D.D. III

PS Wow… I sure am doomin’ and gloomin’ today… Hmmm… sorry 'bout that.

All these figures making me dizzy . . . only can mean 1 thang!

AFTERNOON NAP TIME! :laugh:

Laterz

Gentlemen:

This is one big chunk of change…
There’s not enough days left in me to count all this …
even If I worked 18 hours a day and didn’t take any time off to eat-and-all…
Lets say, that they were in $100.00 bills…

Bill…

We all know it won’t stay at 1 trillion b/c they’ve already said they want more.
Truth be told, I think it’s worth looking at the debt contributed by all the presidents in my lifetime who over spent - that would be Kennedy, Johnson, all except for Clinton and Nixon.
Esp. the last president.
Of course, it’s not just the fact that the money is spent, it’s what it is spent on.

One trillion is a million million.

Trillion seconds

One year of clock time =

(60sec/min) x (60 min/hr) x (24 hr/da) x (365.25 da) = 3.16 x 10^7 sec
One trillion seconds of ordinary clock time =

( 10^12 sec)/( 3.16 x 10^7 sec/yr) = 31,546 years

So a trillion seconds ago it was about 29,500 BC

Quote:

The lakeside Ishango population of 20000 years ago may have been one of the first counting societies, but it lasted only a few hundred years before being buried by a volcanic eruption.

how ironic :laugh:
Quote:

so roughly ten grand for 100 million households. Is that correct?

Looks pretty close to me.
Quote:

Looks pretty close to me.

Well that ain't enough.
I say we make it 5 trillion and every household under 100,000 in income a year gets 50K.

All in favor say Aye yai yai!
:agree: Yea! That would definitely stimulate! Aye!

Who says money doesn’t grow on trees?

I can only count to 12 so count me out…

PACO

Quote:

I say we make it 5 trillion

Make it 50 tril

And a new gov. program NO TRILLION LEFT BEHIND

“No child left behind.” cuz we’re gonna stick 'em with the bill for this fiasco… and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids…

D

PS And their kids too…