Big Muff Pi

I just got a Big Muff Pi made in NY, just wanted to get what I had in 1976, and you know what? The Taylor classic electric through it into a big Fender Blues Deluxe sounds really, really good. Why is that? ???

Because you are old and like nostalgic sounds? :laugh:

There ain’t notrhiong wrong with Dat…
:laugh: Yea can’t beat a Big Muff and a Black-faced Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp…
That’s if you were a Guitar Player…
:laugh:

Bill…

Wat a Way To Go…

I always loved to play through my Big Muff Pi. Recently I have been using the PODXT Live sim, and have been happy with it, but should do a side by side compare. Now I need to go dig it out of a box somewhere in the house. I got it sometime around 1976, so is probably the one you are talking about. I used to like to combine it with a cry baby wah, you could get feedback squeals to match any key (and scrape paint off the wall).

Quote:

Black-faced Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp
Bill - speaking of BF amps, you're not going to believe what I scored last year - a '65 BF Vibrolux Reverb!!! It was all beat up and in great need of service. The original cabinet has been destroyed and was gone. I bought just the chassis and have restored the amp - what a beauty! It's my main amp now (when I play which is not that often).

Hi Mike:

Beautiful Amp.

Too bad the kids today are not old enough to know what those amps are like…
The kids go into a shop looking for an amp and the salesman shows them a box with speakers in it and the salesman tells them
:With a little knob twiddeling this amp will sound just like a Fender What’s his Amp…
AND the salesman is young enough that he only has been told what the REAL Amp sounded like…
Then the salesman turns the amp around and shows them these little glass bottles that have an orange glow in them when you turn out the lights…
:)
They’re just there for show…
Sorry, I just had to say that…
Everybody up here knows me…
:p

The last stage I worked on…
The guitar player Doug…
He had a Silver-faced '73 ?? could have been a late '72 ?

Black toilex and Silver threaded Grill cloth…
It was a great amp…
however, it was no Black Faced amp…

One of the early stages I worked on, The Guitar player and I had Sister Amps…
He had a Two piece Tremolux…
Brown Faced Light toilex Light brown Grill cloth…
Little white knobs…
Back Brown plate…
Says…
made in
Anaheim
<<
spelling…
I had the Bassman amp twin of it…
They were late '63’s…
early '64 Amps… Leo had his hands all over those amps… lol…

The series before them had the dark Oxblood grill cloth…
I know, I paid 625.00 for my amp…
A huge some of money…
back then…
I don’t know waht the Tremolux Amp cost John…
I expect it was around 425-450…

The covers came with his amp… They didn’t come with mine…
I don’t know why ?
If I remember, We got that stuff in the late spring of '64…
The order came in from Pete’s Music in Montreal…
What beautiful Amps, They were…

Go to YouTube
woxnerw
Countrytime…
You’ll see my Bassman Amp there on that show Jerry Cole and the Countrymen…
There’s a big RCA Mic ( I don’t know the Model) sittin in front of it… I blew the Oxford 12" speakers outta the cabinet… I don’t know how… Anyway I ordered a pair of JBL D-120 speakers to replace them… The summer of '68… I reconed them last year and use them in the MID Boxes in the Studio now…
The steel player had a Black faced '65 Twin and the guitar player had a Silverfaced Twin’70 Amp. Doug loved a Messa Phase shifter…
It was the only pedel, I think he used…

The front man and the guitar player is not with us anymore…

sigh…

The Steel Player (Lew) lives in Fredricton New Brunswick, these days…

Anyway, Time takes it’s toll…

Bill…

I am old. That is true. Gonna post today’s song, which is all BM Pi guitars. :laugh:

Nice amp!

Quote: (woxnerw @ May 14 2010, 2:19 PM)

Hi Mike:
Beautiful Amp. Too bad the kids today are not old enough to know what those amps are like.. The kids go into a shop looking for an amp and the salesman shows them a box with speakers in it and the salesman tells them :With a little knob twiddeling this amp will sound just like a Fender What's his Amp.. AND the salesman is young enough that he only has been told what the REAL Amp sounded like.. Then the salesman turns the amp around and shows them these little glass bottles that have an orange glow in them when you turn out the lights.. :laugh: :) They're just there for show.. Sorry, I just had to say that.. Everybody up here knows me.. :p :laugh:

The last stage I worked on... The guitar player Doug... He had a Silver-faced '73 ?? could have been a late '72 ? Black toilex and Silver threaded Grill cloth.. It was a great amp.. however, it was no Black Faced amp..

One of the early stages I worked on, The Guitar player and I had Sister Amps.. He had a Two piece Tremolux.. Brown Faced Light toilex Light brown Grill cloth.. Little white knobs.. Back Brown plate.. Says.. made in
Anaheim << spelling.. I had the Bassman amp twin of it.. They were late '63's.... early '64 Amps.. Leo had his hands all over those amps... lol.... The series before them had the dark Oxblood grill cloth.. I know, I paid 625.00 for my amp.. A huge some of money.. back then.. I don't know waht the Tremolux Amp cost John.. I expect it was around 425-450.. The covers came with his amp.. They didn't come with mine.. I don't know why ? If I remember, We got that stuff in the late spring of '64.. The order came in from Pete's Music in Montreal.. What beautiful Amps, They were..

Go to YouTube *woxnerw* Countrytime.. You'll see my Bassman Amp there on that show Jerry Cole and the Countrymen.. There's a big RCA Mic ( I don't know the Model) sittin in front of it.. I blew the Oxford 12" speakers outta the cabinet.. I don't know how.. Anyway I ordered a pair of JBL D-120 speakers to replace them.. The summer of '68.. I reconed them last year and use them in the MID Boxes in the Studio now.. The steel player had a Black faced '65 Twin and the guitar player had a Silverfaced Twin'70 Amp. Doug loved a Messa Phase shifter.. It was the only pedel, I think he used.. The front man and the guitar player is not with us anymore.. ... sigh..... The Steel Player (Lew) lives in Fredricton New Brunswick, these days..

Anyway, Time takes it's toll....

Bill..

I don't feel that old now. Back then I was still sucking my thumb.

PACO

…and old isn’t bad, though it should be used for humor from time to time. :)

Old is bad. I want to be 26 again. or 28. That was a good time. :agree:

26 Way too old… I want to be 23… AGAIN… :) :p :laugh:

Bill…

I am 23 now! 23 times 2, plus 2! :laugh:

48 dec is 30 in hex…that way you aren’t lying…sortof.

I always lie. About everything. (The only logical paradox to make it into the New Testament.) :laugh:

???

keep shinin

jerm :cool: