Bill

lol

Would you mind looking at this meter?
What do you think of the rms levels?
pls click …-------> http://twitpic.com/1dchkv/full
The sound is obviously pulsating to the right on this beat but the left actually sounds a little dominate.

Never mind, found the answer.
“Bob Katz sugessts -10 db RMS for the loudest parts of the song (for example chorus). I now master all my stuff and bands that i master to max. -10db RMS
as i felt i was destroying all my mixes by mastering tooo loud.

i do master metal / metalcore / hardcore -10 db… i have uad 2 with all the great mastering plugs now. i did some bon jovi like rock stuff, very dynamic,
mastered -12db… fortunately everyone was happy with that.”

Hi Levi:

I couldn’t figure out that plug until you said the other day that you got that t-Racks bundle…

Boy…
That looks like nice stuff to have around…
Did you say ??
OR…
have I forgotten…
What’s it cost to land that bundle ?
If I remember, I had that stuff way back when it was Free/No Charge…
I think I had a Pentium 90 <spelling…
using '95 back then…

Nothing seemed to work consistantly, on that machine…
Not even me…
:)
:laugh:
:p

You know…
You’re gonna raise the Mastering BAR around here if you keep using that stuff…
:agree:
:)

Bill…

Thx Bill. You should download and demo it for 10 days and see if it’s improved. There are some tools that rock the house! The meters are helpful! What I’ve learned most by the presets and the descriptions of them are how to create the sound that I need. Modifying them to suit the mix and using their examples to see how to obtain that change. I love it! :)

Hi Again Levi:

It would be a waste for me to download and have nothing to use them …
on, right now…
I don’t have anything on this set-up running to put them through their paces, yet…
I should just rake up the loonies and order the kit…
I’ve thumbed through their page…
I see what they have, available…
How many loonies do they need for the kit ????

Bill…

I bought a single before the bundle so I leap frogged with a discount on the bundle, but payed a little more, but got a little more.
Singles are 99.00… You would be paying with Canadian currency?

I can relate, I’m saving for an interface.
:agree:

Loonies are at face value these days…

I just bought some software, on line, with my Visa Card last week…
They wanted the currency in Greenbacks…
SO…
I checked the box for CND…
It was the same amount…
It happened the last week in March…
I forget the actual day…

The predictions are…
The loonie is gonna go above par and stay there for maybe, the summer…

Who Knows. ????

Bill…

I didn’t buy the Delux after demoing it, I only thought if I did get them all, I would spend all my time comparing.
I remembered being impressed with the classic presets, and I could only budget for the T’Racks 3 standard @ 145.00…anyway.
Because I had already picked up the high precision Linear phase equalizer and the stand alone meter, and that entitled me to a lower price.
That I still use along with the rest in the chain.
To me it = getting the tools and an education.
It’s a good deal to me.
I study better “hands on” anyway.

When you get t’rack 3 standard or the delux.
The t’rack control module has built in meters.
I didn’t realize that until it was to late, but finding the solo meters handy to have anyway.

On another note; bringing the rms down just below -10. made the difference big time! :agree:

I’d have to say that the Mastering BoYs and anyone else interested in their music already has all these toys…

Years ago, the rage was a Mastering application called SADIE <Spelling If you didn’t have that toy, you just weren’t in the Mastering Domain… If I remember, you just couldn’t buy the application… you had to buy the computer, as well…

Bill…