Blessed Canada..

Come On Spring…

This came in my Mail today:

BLESSED CANADA

On the sixth day God turned to the Archangel Gabriel and said: ‘Today I am going to create a land called Canada. It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty. It shall have tall majestic mountains full of mountain goats, and eagles, beautiful sparkling lakes bountiful with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, high cliffs over-looking sandy beaches with an abundance of sea life, and rivers stocked with salmon.’

God continued, ‘I shall make the land rich in resources so as to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants Canadians, and they shall be known as the most friendly people on the earth.’

‘But Lord,’ asked Gabriel, ‘don’t you think you are being too generous to these Canadians?’

‘Not really,’ replied God ‘just wait and see the winters I am going to give them.’

Should I take Board Space and post this ????

YES…

And then God felt sorry about the weather he’d given those poor Canadians, feeling a lot like he felt after the deluge, I mean, really, really sorry, and so God decided to make another rainbow as a promise never to do it again.
So he took a piece of wood, and started to bend it into an arc, but before he finished more than one small end of it a bunch of hooligans at the Victoria Skating Rink (although some dispute this as say it was the Long Pond) grabbed the unfinished “stick” and started using it to “shoot” around a flat circular piece of wood.
God said, “OK! that’s enough” but the hooligans thought he said “hockey!” and thus God gave hockey as a gift to Canadians and to all winter-sport loving people around the globe, as compensation for those really lousy winters (which the ever-resourceful Canadians then decided to ship south to those annoying Yanks anyway).

Hey:

Good Stuff…

A gener
needs to be decided upon…
I’m saying R&B…
But The Gospel people Might wantta try their hand at it…
Then if they decide it ain’t gonna work in their mold, we can send some mail off to Stomp’in Tom…
He might wantta put some time into it…
Alright…
We’ll work on it…
What’s a Good Time Tempo ?

Right now all the schools are shut down…
Ice Storm…
Big Time… I’m gonna be ugly if we loose our power…
I haven’t seen the salt truck sense it started. It’s supposed to warm up to 8 - 9c and to turn to rain…
We’ll see…

The sidewalk plow just went by…
He’s got salt…

Where’s Spring…
anyway ????

Bill…

[EDIT]

Where’d you get that photo?
It looks like the Habs playing the Wings on the St. Lawrence River.
The Rocket gets a break-away and ends up in Quebec City…
before he runs outta juice…

[EDIT 2]
oR… THE Cens playing the Leafs on the Rideau Canal in Ottawa…