Bob Arconti's new custom bass

Man is it nice…

The “Living Wood” Bass.

This is Bob’s latest creation. He’s still waiting to get some orders (if you’ve got a couple of grand to spare :slight_smile:

That’s a cool bass alright. Does this guy ever do neck-thru or set neck instruments?

TG

Sorry guys, but that thing is fugly as uck ! And that headstock makes even a Parker Fly look fantastic.
Hope it plays better than it looks. A LOT better…

I get the dreaded cartoonist-on-bad-acid vibe from this one.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Does this guy ever do neck-thru or set neck instruments?

He’ll make whatever you want (if he can).

Beauty is a matter of opinion (IMO). When he first showed me the plans, I didn’t like it, but now it’s finished, I personally think it’s great.

Doesn’t look anything like a fish to me. More like a weird guitar with insufficient strings. :(

Hey Yaz! You went fishing recently, see anything like that? ???

Ali

Yep, caught one, fried it, tried to eat it, it sucked!

Bass guitar eh? I rank the looks right up there with them Fernandes Nomad Deluxe Guitars.:stuck_out_tongue:

The only thing I don’t care for is the headstock. A little to “Rick” looking for my tastes. The woodgrain on the top shore is purty!

TG

Lignum vitae doesn’t have a visible grain. ???

Ali

Quote (Ali_T @ May 09 2005,21:55)
Lignum vitae doesn’t have a visible grain. ???

Ali

OK… so what do you call the pretty swirly stuff? In ENGLISH please. Lignum Vitae sounds like a Latin venereal disease.

TG

http://www.exoticwoodgroup.com/order_Argentine_lignum_vitae.htm

OK, sorry, I was thinking of African ebony.

Ali

Quote (Ali_T @ May 10 2005,19:31)
OK, sorry, I was thinking of African ebony.

Ali

Is that an African venereal disease ??? :laugh: :laugh:

Whatever… it is still PUURRTY…(NOT venereal disease!)

TG

Mr Soul and Guys:
What a great looking Bass… This guy doesn’t appear to copy anyone’s designs or lines in his work… I’ll bet that play great…

You’re right guys… If you want Classic… then this ain’t the instrument for you… Go buy some else’es socks… :O :p

I have to jump in here with a link to what is going on right here in these parts, just down the street from where I live…

http://www.legendguitars.com/navi.php?action=repair

I been known to do most of the electrics/wiring for these instruments… You’re gonna find these instruments being played by some pretty Big Guitar Players, around the world…

You live stage players… When you get on these Big Stages where all the heavy lighting power cables go under the stages and you turn on your amp and setup and all you get is a Big 60 hz hum… Well, these guitars are Bone Quiet… No Noise… Well that’s the feed-back I get from these hi-class guitar players… It makes me feel good to get Mail from them saying that there Stage Audio Guys, ask them who wired their guitar and they tell them it was done by a guy who lives in Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia… :O :laugh:

There’s no Rocket Science to owning a Noise-free instrument set-up…

I just had to toss that link in… Custom Instruments… What-ever turns your Crank…

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

What a great looking Bass… This guy doesn’t appear to copy anyone’s designs or lines in his work… I’ll bet that play great…

Bill - thanks for the compliment, I’ll pass it on to Bob. You’re right - his designs are original.

A breath of fresh air I say. How many doggone PRS clones do we need on the market?

TG

Great wood, but the horns don’t do it for me…

Hi Again Mr Soul:
These guys are so Few-and-Far-Between… and they are so dedicated in their Kraft… They just keep plugging away at their trade… It’s so hard to read their minds… In order to keep their skills on the top of the bar, they have to be building guitars, all the time… The other thing I’ve noticed is, Most of them are so stubborn… They just keep Dogg’in at it… They all seem to learn their skills by the school of Hard Knocks… They keep learn’in and improving by each mistake, as they continue to build… But each instrument they build is a ONE…OF… The work that I do on them is, after all the detail is done I gotta install the pick-ups and wireing and all… One little Mark can Un-Do weeks of work getting the instrument to look as it does… One drop of solder can ruin the finish on the Wood in a blink-of-the-eye… And it’s All Over… ??? :(

It’s so gratifying to call the owner up, and tell him his Guitar is all wired up and ready and it’s on it’s way out to him…

But in six month’s time the owner has a New Guitar ordered and the second buyer want’s the Guitar wired all-together different… lol… AXE PLAYERS… Well, so much, is Life… :p :laugh:

Bill…

That’s a pretty freakin’ nice bass.