Bome Keyboard with N-Track and Maple Midi driver

help with this

I am very unsavvy when it comes to midi or even understanding it…
Here’s what I have - the most recent update of N-track (not beta), Maple midi driver, and Bome keyboard controller. N-track recognizes Maple driver; but I can’t figure out how to make the keyboard work to produce a midi track. My objective is to produce some string sounds, but so far not doing a great job.

Can someone help debunk this cryptic midi stuff??

I need it explained in very basic terms… I’ll catch up from there once I 'get it’

please help if you can

Hi Tulsa. So, in prefs>midi>midi devices you can see the Maple gear? Have you set midi devices to ‘lazy open’? Have you loaded any vst instruments - n-Track has a few bundled to get you started (drums, strings…) You’ll find them in prg files> FASoft>nTrack6>vstplugins.
Open a new n-Track project, check input icon is set to keyboard/midi recording, create new midi track and set the output to one of your vst instruments, hit the LIVE button (bare with me Bax).

Hi tulsa:

:)
:laugh:
You-and-Me…
BOTH…
MIDI…
What’s that… ????

So far…
It’s been a Big Pain in the ****…

:)

The more I play with it… (midi)
the more I want to leave it In-the-Box…

Bill…

[edit] Don’t get me wrong… There’s guys on this Board that can ring circles with this midi… You wouldn’t know it was a MIDI Track… that they manufactuered…

lol Bill…

Thanks Tony. I’ll try it with those settings and see if I can get something going here.

Diving in!!! splash!!!

I was over at Bone and reading an Acid tutorial with Bone.

anyway that set up in this above link gives you a pretty good idea of how to set the Bome up using the provided Virtual MIDI Router they offer…really nice screen shots walking you though it.

If you get that far and are still having trouble setting it up in Ntrack, come back and let us know…(I suspect once you set it up the way Johhny details it will just magically work in Ntrack when you press Record…a midi track will record your data…)

As far as HEARING what you are doing that might be a little different and require what Tony is explaining, setting up an audio output of some kind for the incoming midi data, which can be any number of things including sfz’s AKA sf2’s…

keep shinin

jerm :cool: