Bounce

What is bounce?

If I right click on a waveform or track it gives me the option of freeze/bounce and then several options for bounce. I understand freeze but what is bounce? I’m used to bounce being the combination of several tracks into one but I can’t make it do that without doing a render song mixdown. Sometimes I’d just like to real time bounce two tracks together while recording the outcome.

Any ideas?

n-Tracks has the ability to reference many parts and many different wave files within one single track. Bounce is a way to render all of those parts into a single underlying wavefile and a track with single part.

Quote (BlueMojo @ Feb. 12 2007,19:26)
If I right click on a waveform or track it gives me the option of freeze/bounce and then several options for bounce. I understand freeze but what is bounce? I'm used to bounce being the combination of several tracks into one but I can't make it do that without doing a render song mixdown. Sometimes I'd just like to real time bounce two tracks together while recording the outcome.

Any ideas?

Bounce is what Tiggers do... T - I - double Ger - err

You can still do your two track bounce in real time.... Solo the two tracks your want; do a "mixdown while playing song"; import resultant track back into n-track. Un-solo original tracks and mute them.

I'm not sure from your original post if that is what you say you are doing but if not, then maybe it will help.

There's also a few VST effects that will record a track's output in real time. "Tapeit" springs to mind.