Boy - this thing sure has a lot of builds.

As someone with a formal CS background and a hefty experience with C++ and all of the industrial strength tools - my experiences tell me that spells one thing. Spaghetti code. :cool:

Actually no; it spells a dedicated, reactive and responsive author, who listens to his customers and cares about his product.
TB

Well I’ve been programming ‘professionally’ for about 15 years (21 years total) now and have experienced a lot of ‘bad code’ in products that were ‘Best of Breed’ in their market. I think it is hard to judge any product’s code without seeing it. In general I think n-track is a pretty cool product, and there is probably some ‘bad’ code in it, since there is always a learning curve, and most programmers do get better over time. I also think that with n-track essentially being the work of 1 person, and I’m pretty sure no formal ‘QA’, things will get broken. It looks to me like there is a pattern to the development cycle here (Release early and often), and if you wait until the build rate for a particular version to slow down, you can get something that is relatively stable.

That being said, the fact here are so many builds with bug fixes in them, does make n-track look ‘bad’, and it’s image might benefit from a different release process (like a long beta period, assuming enough people are willing to test it).

I purchased n-track because 1) It seemed logical to me, and 2) $70 wouldn’t kill me if I found something I like better later. If you don’t like it, don’t use it. If you like it, report the bugs you find, and I’m sure they will be addressed in time.

I think the real reason people seem to get so upset with n-track , is it that they really want it work because they can’t really find anything they like better.

Don’t feed the trolls…

I live for new builds!

It’s like a little bit of christmas every few days.

John Candy is dead. It’s shame someone would choose to troll using one of his fun characters. Long live John Candy.

Quote (cmw @ Oct. 05 2005,10:24)
It's like a little bit of christmas every few days.

:laugh: :laugh:

RIGHT ON !!!! RIGHT ON !!!!!!