Brand new user

Hi All,
Found the software by search engine.Does this software allow to edit original recordings and add your own words/singing over the top and keeping the original music in place (transform the track to karaoke) ?????

Eyup!

Hello and welcome to the forum.
The answer to your question is no, NTrack will not turn an original recording into a karaoke track.
To do that you would have to erase the original vocals and no piece of software can do that.
There are applications that claim they can, but the results are always horrible.

Steve

Although, Steve, if the vocal is in the center, wouldn’t it be possible to clone the track and put thw two tracks out of phase to eliminate the center channel? I understand that’s how the hardward boxes do it, or something like it? But I bet the results are pretty bad - although it might be cool to hear how stereo reverberation is used on some recordings…

Thanks for that lads.
Okay plan B.
Is this software capable(or any other) of simply re-creating the music of your original track ?

If so how complex is it ?
I have never touched music creating software of any kind before.

Thanks

If by “Creating” you mean recording the various instrument sounds by actually playing those instruments, using MIDI, or samples, yes…N-Track is one heck of a software than can do that and much more.

Quote (TomS @ Aug. 26 2006,19:43)
Although, Steve, if the vocal is in the center, wouldn't it be possible to clone the track and put thw two tracks out of phase to eliminate the center channel? I understand that's how the hardward boxes do it, or something like it? But I bet the results are pretty bad - although it might be cool to hear how stereo reverberation is used on some recordings...

Eyup!

Not sure of the math toms, I think it's something like
(L+R) - (L-R) but as you will know, a commercial recording will always have stereo reverb and all kinds of other stereo effects which will appear in the centre channel along with the vocals. Likewise the vocals will appear in left and right channels in any kind of arbitrary phase rlationship, thus mucking up any attempt to "remove" them.

There is an mda plugin (mdakaraoke) which does make an attempt at vocal removal, but the results are very variable and mostly horrid.

But back to the question...

Roganjosh, NTrack is perfectly capable of re-creating any piece of music you can think of.
All you require is hard work and dedication... easy :D

Seriously, NTrack can record and process any audio file, but you have to put it there first, which means you have to be able to play an instrument (or know someone who can).

It's a steep learning curve but very enjoyable.

You have an excellent resource in the NTrack forum to help.

Steve