Bremer says too few troops sent to Iraq

Bremer.

<!–QuoteBegin>

The former U.S. official who governed Iraq after the invasion said yesterday that the United States made two major mistakes: not deploying enough troops in Iraq and then not containing the violence and looting immediately after the ouster of Saddam Hussein.

This is what McCain, Kerry et al have been saying all along. Bush has no shame.

"<!–QuoteBegin>

To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links the two [Iraq and Saddam Hussein].

Rumsfield.

I quess today he’s trying to back-pedal again. No surprise there.

Thanks Don!!!

Kerry/Edwards in 2004.

Kerry says no to outsourcing jobs to other countries except for drug company jobs. Those are ok to go to Canada. Or so says Edwards tonight.

BTW: No one in this administration has said that Iraq was responsible for 911, just that there is terrorist ties. It’s common knowledge that Saddam had financed terrorism for years.

…sorry you missed the debate Brad…and reality of the facts…

Quote (Guest @ Oct. 05 2004,22:00)
It's common knowledge that Saddam had financed terrorism for years.

Yup!
---But the US has also supported terroism for years...it's all a matter of whos side you are on-- and the current political climate--

-Ed

Ed - you got that one right!

Here’s another story today - CIA report finds no Zarqawi-Saddam link.

Cheney continues to press this Saddam/9/11 “connection” & then denies that he’s ever said it. NBC caught him today & replayed what he said a year ago.

Jhonan - I’m keeping this on one thread. Am I bad or what?

Great another agenda-driven story that utilizes an unnamed source as its basis of fact. Also, the clip on NBC, if the same as last night was flimsy at best.

Great another agenda-driven story that utilizes an unnamed source as its basis of fact.
Blah, blah, blah & the agenda is that the liberal biased press wants Kerry to get elected. We've heard all that before - blah, blah, blah.

Here’s another report - U.S. inspector finds no stockpiles of banned weapons.

What these reports tell me is that our pre-war strategy against Saddam was indeed working, completely contrary to everything Bush & the CIA was telling us.

Why is it so complicated for Americans to see this & kick the Bush bum out of office???

Quote (MidnightToker @ Oct. 06 2004,11:21)
Why is it so complicated for Americans to see this & kick the Bush bum out of office???

Because alot of us wanted his butt kicked out of Iraq in 1991 and were tired of of waiting.

Maybe because we are the now generation, but that's another topic.
Quote (edmon @ Oct. 05 2004,23:17)
Quote (Guest @ Oct. 05 2004,22:00)
It's common knowledge that Saddam had financed terrorism for years.

Yup!
---But the US has also supported terroism for years...it's all a matter of whos side you are on-- and the current political climate--

-Ed

Who's side are you on Ed? Saddam's or the Terrorist's?

I don’t think he directly wants to outsource drug company jobs to Canada. The rebuttal to that is that the money wouldn’t have to go to Canada if the prices here worked on the same level and weren’t price fixed. While on the topic of outsourcing, we sure hate commies and we spent a lot of years worrying about them, but it is okay to have our manufaturing jobs go to China… a communist country. Just so long as Wal-Mart is contributing to campaigns, is 2% of the US GDP, and China is providing the cheap crap they stock in their stores it will continue.

Quote (IDOIT_SLAPPER @ Oct. 05 2004,23:03)
...sorry you missed the debate Brad...and reality of the facts...

I saw the debate. I was talking about the last few statements Edwards made. On one hand he wants to keep jobs in the US but in the next statement he plans on buying drugs from Canada.

As stated in the previous post, alot of jobs are going to China for the very same reason. China makes the stuff available to the US at a much cheaper price than we can make it here.

Simply buying things from another Country in and of itself doesn't seem to me to create any jobs other than low paying Walmart jobs.

So the reality is, both sides are full of crap. They don't have any easy answers and I find it troubling that Kerry thinks he has an answer to everything. Ofcourse Bush does too.

I am up on the facts and to say that either side isn't embelishing on the facts or making false or misleading statements is naive to say the least.
So the reality is, both sides are full of crap.

Here's a guy who knows what he is talking about... :)