bring back high contrast wav edit

[easier on the eyes]

1st off, thanks Flavio for a great program, been using v2.3 since 2000,
but i require an upgrade now and while v7.03 3112 feels partly like home i can’t buy it unless this graphic feature [not a bug] is fixed, it annoys me when new features are added, and perfectly good ones are removed for none other than cosmetics or eye candy.

i do alot of fine zoomed wav highlighting for cutting/pasting and the new version will have me in glasses in no time due to the low contrast which really strains my otherwise good eyes, i’ve looked in custom colors but can’t find anything amongst the many that can change the default highlight color.

see pic examples below to see what i mean,

ntrack 2.3: opposite colors = very easy to pinpoint position :agree:
2.3pic

ntrack 7.03: slightly lighter same color = very hard to pinpoint :(
7.03 PIC

…and cakewalk Music Creator 5 [2010] uses same good method as ntrack 2.3 :)
CWMC5 PIC

…spot the odd one out? can u please add this as an option flavio?

sounds like a good suggestion.

One thing that might help - above the time line markers will appear at either end of the selects section.

thanks for the suggestion bax, but i need to see exactly where i’ve highlighted on the wavform itself, as i’m not using exact time positions for looping etc, but cutting different takes at the valley before a peak to avoid pops and clicks, aswell as cutting unwanted background noise.

…well it seems high contrast was discontinued from v4.04 onwards, so my only upgrade path if this isn’t fixed is v3.3 which has the live input during playback that i need.

not even sure i can still get it but will ask support.

It can’t hurt to suggest it to Flavio. Another thing you might try is to change the background color of the selected wave tracks.

Quote: (v2.3rules @ Dec. 27 2013, 1:42 AM)

1st off, thanks Flavio for a great program, been using v2.3 since 2000,
but i require an upgrade now and while v7.03 3112 feels partly like home i can't buy it unless this graphic feature [not a bug] is fixed, it annoys me when new features are added, and perfectly good ones are removed for none other than cosmetics or eye candy.

i do alot of fine zoomed wav highlighting for cutting/pasting and the new version will have me in glasses in no time due to the low contrast which really strains my otherwise good eyes, i've looked in custom colors but can't find anything amongst the many that can change the default highlight color.

see pic examples below to see what i mean,

ntrack 2.3: opposite colors = very easy to pinpoint position
:agree:
2.3pic

ntrack 7.03: slightly lighter same color = very hard to pinpoint
:(

7.03 PIC

...and cakewalk Music Creator 5 [2010] uses same good method as ntrack 2.3 :)
CWMC5 PIC

...spot the odd one out? can u please add this as an option flavio?

I agree that the old way of drawing the selection can is more visible.
We'll add an option in the next version (a beta should be online in about a week) to bring back the old high contrast selection. The default will still be the lower contrast selection as we think the high contrast selection stands out too much. The option will appear in the Settings -> Skins box, when selecting the 'Timeline temporal selection' entry an 'High contrast selection' checkbox will appear.

Flavio.

sold!!
i’ll upgrade to v3.3 for now as there is another 7.03 issue i’ve posted on the forum, and thanks for great support flavio - not many devs bother to let people use legacy versions.