Brothers In Arms

New nTrack tune

Here’s my take on Dire Straits’ “Brothers In Arms”. This is a simple setup. A Fender Lonestar Strat into a mic’d Germino amp. Backing track is home brew using some synth/organ VSTi’s, a Sound-Fx scd, and Jamstix drums. NTrack is a great little tool for these home studio projects and the more I work with it, the more I like it. Dig it (or not).

http://www.4shared.com/file/136925308/484d427b/Brothers_In_Arms.html

Ok Hugh…Brothers In Arms is one of my favorite songs. I did a cover a long time ago with a friend on guitars. Downloading now…

Nice playing and production. Some nice improvs around the main theme. You have superb touch on the strings and managed to play around with it without losing the feel that’s so important to this song. It’s 6.44 long but didn’t want it to end. Very, very good Mr Jass :agree: :agree:

I miss the vocals though :)

My Soundclick Page

Quote: (Bruffie @ Oct. 01 2009, 11:41 PM)

Ok Hugh....Brothers In Arms is one of my favorite songs. I did a cover a long time ago with a friend on guitars. Downloading now......

Nice playing and production. Some nice improvs around the main theme. You have superb touch on the strings and managed to play around with it without losing the feel that's so important to this song. It's 6.44 long but didn't want it to end. Very, very good Mr Jass
:agree:

I miss the vocals though
:)

My Soundclick Page

Why thank you sir...awful kind of you. Appreciate the feedback. This is one of my alltime favorite tunes as well....Knopfler is indeed a God. Yeah, I miss the vocals too but you'd probably rather eat a dirt sandwich than listen to my singing. :)

Very nice Production! Great tone on the axe! Very very nicely played Hugh! :agree:

Knopfler is one of my favorite guitarists! You did it justice! :)

Yes, really good tone.

Nice touch - great tone. :agree:

I gave the “thumbs up” as it was playing, in agreement with all that had been said. After listening all the way through, I knew I had to make more of a comment than that. Really beautiful guitar work. :agree: :agree:

Yes, Yes, Yes, Very good. :) The guitar is up front. Although I thought it could be up front a bit more because the sound seems to be in back ground a little too much for me, thats just me of course, too much reverb? Just a suggestion, there’s a little trick you can do in n-track to give the sound that upfront feel without having to reverb it to the point it falls backward in the overall sound.

Take the left or right stereo guitar track and open properties. In the transpose section set the transpose to +0.01 and then playback, just do one side. See what that sounds like. You could also tone the reverb down a little bit and then add a pinch of delay on a fast cycle if the transposing effect wobbles too much. Nevertheless, this is the best stuff you’ve done so far and it’s truly excellent. :agree:

PACO :D

Nice work! :agree:

I dunno, a fellow who can play guitar that well can probably sing in a musical way. Think of all those folks with awful voices who none the less are great singers, b/c they are great musicians - e.g., Hendrix…

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 02 2009, 7:11 PM)

I dunno, a fellow who can play guitar that well can probably sing in a musical way.
Think of all those folks with awful voices who none the less are great singers, b/c they are great musicians - e.g., Hendrix...

Good point. The very idea that keeps me continuing to try to sing. Give it a go Jack.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated… I still ain’t gonna sing though. :laugh:

It’s good for a man to know his limitations. The thing I hate about singin is having my face and expressions the center of attention!! :p

Holy bloody cow!

The moment this track started I sat up in amazement! The tone on that guitar is stunning and the emotion running through this is awesome, you play real good…I bloody love this track and you more than do it justice, I understand not attempting a vocal like this (there are probably few people in this world who can fit the bill for the vocals) but I do wanna hear you sing something…even if it is only to make it fair that you have such talent in other areas, it would not be right if you could sing too…nope…not fair…yup, it’d be good to hear you not sing well :p

Quote: (ange @ Oct. 06 2009, 4:09 AM)

Holy bloody cow!

The moment this track started I sat up in amazement! The tone on that guitar is stunning and the emotion running through this is awesome, you play real good...I bloody love this track and you more than do it justice, I understand not attempting a vocal like this (there are probably few people in this world who can fit the bill for the vocals) but I do wanna hear you sing something...even if it is only to make it fair that you have such talent in other areas, it would not be right if you could sing too...nope...not fair...yup, it'd be good to hear you not sing well
:p

Thanks a bunch, Ange. Oh...ok, if you insist...I'll sing something on an upcoming tune. However, let me warn everyone....when the track starts and you hear something that sounds like a hybrid of Robert Plant, Mickey Mouse and Barry White....don't say I didn't tell ya so. :laugh:
:laugh:
Quote: (Hugh Jass @ Oct. 06 2009, 10:18 AM)

Thanks a bunch, Ange.
Oh...ok, if you insist...I'll sing something on an upcoming tune.
However, let me warn everyone....when the track starts and you hear something that sounds like a hybrid of Robert Plant, Mickey Mouse and Barry White....don't say I didn't tell ya so.
:laugh:

:laugh: I love it! everyone's been a naggin ya, and then the lady asks
:p hehe, I wants, I gets... :;):