Bug Report: Build 1846

Serious problem with VSTi’s.

I’ve been struggling with this one for a few days now.

My current project has a handful of VSTi’s, and some of them have four output channels.

I noticed that I could not Mute / Solo some of my virtual tracks. I could toggle the buttons, but that didn’t have any effect.

It was not until I muted all my unused outputs from these VSTi’s that I discovered that other tracks which were NOT muted had ceased to produce any output.

It seems to be like some sort of array indexing issue, where a VSTi track only gets counted once, even though it takes up four mixer strips. So … if you have five mixer strips … the first four from a VSTi with four outputs, and the last one from a VSTi with only one output … then to Mute or Solo the second instrument ( the fith mixer strip) … you have to use the Mute / Solo buttons for the SECOND mixer strip!

I know this effects the Mute / Solo buttons … I’m not sure what else.

There is somewhat of a workaround … you can rearrange your mixer strips so that all your multiple output VSTi’s are at the end … that seems to help, however it just yields the smallest number of messed up channels … it doesn’t actually fix the problem.

Can anybody else verify this?

I just installed 1846 for the first time a few nights ago and encountered the same issue. I loaded up a few songs I had on the go with MIDI drums and several muted/minimized midi tracks. At first MIDI tracks didn’t seem to be playing back at all, and I spent about 30 mins under the assumption that I missed something in the configuration. Then when I got down to the poke blindly at various settings approach I noticed that muting and soloing the first MIDI track turned on all (or at least a bunch) of the muted tracks as well. I tried a reinstall with no luck and eventually reverted to build 1811.

If you report the details to Flavio (Hit the “Support” button and click on “Feedback form”) he’ll fix it asap.

Mike

I did a few quick test but I wasn’t able to reproduce the problem. It would be great if someone could send me a .sng file showing the problem, or a detailed list of steps that lead to the problem starting from a blank project.

Flavio.

I’ll attempt to duplicate the problem tonight. If I can’t … then I’ll just send you the .sng file I’m currently working on!