Build 1728 Config probs

Has anyone had a problem with their NTrack config files messing up the operation of NTrack?

Since I got 1728 installed every so often when I start it up and try to load a project it hangs for a while then crashes to the “Do you want to tell Microsoft about this problem” Dialog. Then exits completely to the desktop. It doesn’t do this every time but once it starts I do have to erase the config files and start over. It has happened twice in 2 days. If I erase the NTrack cfg files from the NT directory and start with the default configuration and rebuild the settings it works fine. For a while. As I say I only have had this since getting build 1728. Flavio ?? Anything to this ?

Also since I have all of you here how do I automate controls on VSTi and effect plugins? I select the Effect Parameters list and set the controls I wish to automate but I get no effect when I change the control envelope which is displayed for that parameter. Nothing visual on the plugin interface or hearable in the audio.

Thanks,

Curt

Quote (IndiQa @ Dec. 12 2004,20:05)
Also since I have all of you here how do I automate controls on VSTi and effect plugins? I select the Effect Parameters list and set the controls I wish to automate but I get no effect when I change the control envelope which is displayed for that parameter. Nothing visual on the plugin interface or hearable in the audio.

I pulled a few hairs out on this one too. The manual could be more clear, not to mention more up-to-date! The way I got effects parameter automation to play back is to go to the main Mixer window, go to the Master Channel settings, then click on the little triangular "button" next to the "hammer". If you mouse over the button, the tool tip says "Master Channel #1 Playback fader movements". The button turns green when activated. I'm not sure if this is the "right" or "best" way to do it, but it worked for me! :D

HTH

Tony

I haven’t had trouble with n crashing with any of the latest builds. 1728 included.

don’t know what’s wrong with yours.

Yeps, same with me …