Build 1785 is out...

EMu PowerFX seems to work now.

Seems that the stuttering problem with the EMU PowerFX has been fixed now. Thanks, Flavio!

Now, if I just could find a way to get rid of those mixer label scrollbars (and if GigaStudio 2.54’s Audio Capture would work without glitches) I’d be a happy camper…

Whoopie! That is great!

YES!! I downloaded 1785 and IT WORKS!! PowerFX are sweet. I betcha I can mixdown a gagillion tracks now! Well…a gagillion may be excessive… I don’t have EMU-X though, so I’m counting on you guys to let me know how that goes. I have my eye on upgrading to the Emulator package.

TG

PS This has been a charmed week…I got my Event TR-8’s back on Wednesday and Flavio fixed n and Power FX today. Excuse me, I think I’ll go buy a lottery ticket!

PSS Flavio and n-Track ROCKS!!

YES!! I downloaded 1785 and IT WORKS!! PowerFX are sweet. I betcha I can mixdown a gagillion tracks now!

Of course, there are the two things that are clearly stated in the EMU pdf manual. First, you got only 16 slots for the PowerFX. Most of the preset chains seem to use two or three... and second, the PowerFX is designed to work just real time - meaning you should do the mixdown to file while playing.

Anyway, I loaded a test mix with about eight PowerFX effects and tried to render it to a mixdown file both offline and while playing. The offline file did have some extra noises and glitches. Not many, but they were audible.
Quote (Mwah @ Mar. 05 2005,03:43)
YES!! I downloaded 1785 and IT WORKS!! PowerFX are sweet. I betcha I can mixdown a gagillion tracks now!

Of course, there are the two things that are clearly stated in the EMU pdf manual. First, you got only 16 slots for the PowerFX. Most of the preset chains seem to use two or three... and second, the PowerFX is designed to work just real time - meaning you should do the mixdown to file while playing.

Anyway, I loaded a test mix with about eight PowerFX effects and tried to render it to a mixdown file both offline and while playing. The offline file did have some extra noises and glitches. Not many, but they were audible.
Hmmm....offline Mixdown worked great for me. You do have the "Render" option checked in PowerFX?

TG
Hmmm....offline Mixdown worked great for me. You do have the "Render" option checked in PowerFX?

Of course I didn't. Should've read the manual better... thanks, worked now just fine.

Mwah
Quote (Mwah @ Mar. 06 2005,05:21)

Of course I didn't. Should've read the manual better... thanks, worked now just fine.

Mwah
Sweet. Yep, them thar books come in handy sometimes! :D

TG
Quote (gtr4him @ Mar. 04 2005,19:11)
PS This has been a charmed week...I got my Event TR-8's back on Wednesday and Flavio fixed n and Power FX today. Excuse me, I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket!

PSS Flavio and n-Track ROCKS!!

THIS week started off not so charmed........... my oldest yells out last "DAD COME QUICK! Somethings wrong with the toilet!" The drain pipe from the house to the city sewer system is plugged. Got about 1/2" of SMELLY water in my bathroom floor. Spent last night at a hotel and today I'm digging up the whole blasted yard trying to find the #$%%^ sewer clean-out!

UGH! The joys of home ownership.........

TG :(

So I take it you didn’t win the lottery, either, otherwise you coulda just dumped that house for a new one! :laugh:

Tony

OH NOOO…

Is it time to start up the plumber and musician jokes again? :)

Scantee, NO! Unfortunately…

phoo, Yeah, go ahead maybe it’ll cheer me up while I wait on the boys with the big trucks and stuff to arrive…

Gee, I can’t wait to see the bill! I better go find that darn clean-out for 'em. That might save me a few bucks.

TG

PS I’ll start. There are only THREE things you need to know to be a plumber.

1: Hot on Left, Cold on Right.
2: Shit won’t flow uphill.
3: Friday is payday.

:D :D

1: Hot on Left, Cold on Right.
Crap...no wonder I keep running out of hot water...

:)

Well, the boys with the big trucks and stuff arrived and failed miserably. Tomorrow it’s BACKHOE time. My yard is going to be a total DISASTER!

Where’s them plumber/musician jokes? :( :(

TG

If you are really lucky it will be out in the street where the city has to pay for it. If the blockage is in your yard it’s your bucks. Chances are it’s not in the street though, unless there’s a tree with roots out there on city property.

I think it was TomS that was having the plumbing problems a few weeks ago. Where is that thread?

Well problem solved. Seems the previous owner(s) decided to plant these God-awful tree/shrub thingies right ON TOP of the sewer clean-out. The roots had finally worked their way into and clogged the pipe. While the guy was here with his backhoe, I had him snatch ALL them nasty bastages up. I HATED 'em anyway but the wifey wouldn’t let me wack 'em. They are GONE now though! :) :)

TG

That has happened to me at two different houses. It seems like people always plant big trees on top of the sewer line. Trees grow real good though.

John

Must be going around. I’ve just had a tree cut down, and a pipe fixed too…

Sounds familiar. Unfortunately, the trees are on the neighbor’s side, the roots and the sewer pipe on ours…

Should we ask Flavio to add a plumbing forum?

Quote (Mwah @ Mar. 09 2005,02:50)
Sounds familiar. Unfortunately, the trees are on the neighbor's side, the roots and the sewer pipe on ours...

Should we ask Flavio to add a plumbing forum?

:D Hey while y'all where plungin your sewer lines version 87 was released lol