Build 2126 Effects/Instruments Disabled

I have just installed build 2126. When I try to add an instrument channel to a project, none of my VSTI’s appear in the drop down list, so I can’t add the channel. I went to the panel where you set paths to VSTs and VSTIs, and noticed that the display screen there had a list of disabled effects, and it looks like many of the VSTs and VSTIs are in this list. I forced a re-scan of the VST/VSTIs but that didn’t seem to do anything to change the list. So how do I enable the VSTIs?

So I gave up on adding an instrument track and went back to the mixer panel for audio tracks, where I noted that at least some of the VSTs that were listed as disabled (as described above) do show up when I try to add an effect. This doesn’t make sense - have I run into a bug, or am I missing something?

T

Hi tspringer:
There doesn’t appear to be many of us that are playing with these bata builds…

I don’t play at all or very little with VSTi’s (mostly with analogue tracks)… I could only suggest that you play around with what you’re working on and see if you can up with a work-around for the issue you have… If all of that worked on pre-bata v5 or build 2099… Then maybe Flavio can repeat the issue you have and come up with a “Fix” for what you’ve discovered…

I’m pretty sure he’s watching the Board for these posts…

Bill…

Thanks for your response, Bill. I know that Flavio does watch here for bugs. Sometimes I’m not sure that a problem I am having really is a bug or if I’ve missed something. I prefer to see if other users can get me straightened out before I report a bug to Flavio directly.

Lots of the bugs that I’ve seen reported so have to do with plug-ins. Since I started this thread, I’ve tried several times to find a work around for the problems I am having using VSTi plugins. I’d like to use n-drums for example. If I go to the panel where you set the path to my plug-ins, they are all listed as disabled. IF I re-enable the plug-ins in the displayed list of VSTi plugins, everything looks OK, but if I leave that panel and come back, they are disabled again.

T

Mine didn’t show up either. Maybe he’s left some items unavailable to attract upgraders to the final release? I don’t know!

KF

Hi tspringer:
This has been quite an eventful day for me and n-Track… Questions are growing by the armful… If I’m describing them to a point where Flavio can understand my “Bluenose” lingo… then all will go O.K. I can post print screens of what these issues look like if that’s any help…

I have no idea why build 2127 wouldn’t launch…

Hey guys… Do I have some kind of a virus?? OR am I trying to do too many things at one time with this P-111?? I got more questions than I have answers…

I’m gonna shut this thing down and see what I can think about all this…

Bill…

Bill, I doubt that you have a virus. I’m going to wait at least for build 2128 before I download again - 2127 sounds like a no-go.

T

2127 will not start up here either. "n-Track Studio has encountered an error and needs to close."

D

OK…Time to try again, Flavio has posted build 2029, which is supposed to fix the bug in build 2027 that caused the crash when starting the program. He didn’t say anything about fixing the problem with deactivated VSTi plugins or the extraneous sound blips at the end of tracks, but I’ve noticed that he doesn’t list everything that he fixes in the change record for each release. Guess I’ll have to do check for myself tonight.

T

Hi Gents:
I’m downloading build 2129…

Maybe, I should send some mail over to the Anweda Support and see what comes back from them… regarding the issue I’ve been having with the plug on the latest builds on n-Track… I’m pretty sure I’ve operated more than one instance of their plug on earlier builds of n-track… But this netframwork, and rev.2 series of plugs, and all, may have placed some constraint on the install that wouldn’t allow the plug to operate with more than one instance… ?? Mabey, a new build from Flavio may fix this… We’ll see…

Bill…

Quote (tspringer @ Sep. 17 2006,14:24)
I have just installed build 2126. When I try to add an instrument channel to a project, none of my VSTI’s appear in the drop down list, so I can’t add the channel. I went to the panel where you set paths to VSTs and VSTIs, and noticed that the display screen there had a list of disabled effects, and it looks like many of the VSTs and VSTIs are in this list. I forced a re-scan of the VST/VSTIs but that didn’t seem to do anything to change the list. So how do I enable the VSTIs?

So I gave up on adding an instrument track and went back to the mixer panel for audio tracks, where I noted that at least some of the VSTs that were listed as disabled (as described above) do show up when I try to add an effect. This doesn’t make sense - have I run into a bug, or am I missing something?

T

I was able to reproduce the problem with the missing effects. Actually it was the ‘Add Channel/Add new instrument channel’ menu that wasn’t being updated. The popup menu that appears clicking on the mixer/instruments button in the mixer stripe selection toolbar (lower left corner in the default windows layout) was working correctly.
The problem should be fixed in build 2130.
Also, the ‘Disabled effects’ heading in the effect settings dialog box (that appears selecting the ‘Add effect/Customize’ popup menu command) is misleading when ‘Show’ is set to ‘Favorites’. The headings above the lists of effects should say “Favorite effects” and “Available effects” (the next build will correct this). The “Available effects” are those not selected as favorites and that should appear under the VSTi or DXi submenu of the ‘Add effect’ menu.