BUILD 2126

a few problems

operating system win 2k

scanning upper toolbar locks N - restarting N (twice) without reboot causes unpredictable (and without warning) system shutdown

cannot delete first track - (will delete all tracks below first track)

left panel - area betweem main meters and timeline is now fixed (ciuld be resized a few versions ago)

USB audio - if usb audio device is selected but is not plugged in when N is started, N crashs - SHOULD revert to windows default (set in control panel) whichon my system is onboard realtek ac97

midi controll / fader setup - using midi controll surface, volume faders 6 & 7 do not work, jog wheel only travels to the left -
‘midi input viewer’ shows n is not responding correctly - should be midi value 1 to 63 travel left - 64 stationay - 65 to 127 travel right, in N 127 is stationary everything below is left

N does not respond to midi system excusive messages (sysx) - i know that a lot of you out there do not use midi much but here goes - there are two types of midi control messages ones which are generated by turning a knob or moving a fader and system exclusive which sends a series of codes that tell to reciever what to do - N should respond to such things as transport controls and jog wheels where sysx messages are sent - this would make N respond to equipment such as Behringer / Roland / fostex and many others - to me this is a major failing and puts N way behind the competition

start track playing - stop track, hit LIVE restart track ‘no audio’ - stop track, kill live, restart track audio returns ???

yours DR J

I’m not sure which thread to use now…

I’m running into several problems with build 2126

(1) At the end of every audio clip there is a very short burst of sound. Sounds like a fragment of the audio in the clip maybe. This a real problem if you are piecing parts together.

(2) VSTi plugins don’t show when I try to insert an instrument channel (I started another thread about this).

(3) If you switch from n-track to another ap while n-track is running, and the panel for adding effects to a track is open, the panel will be on top of the new ap (and everything else - in fact I had to move the trach channel effects panel over to type this). If you try to close the panel while n-track is not on top, then the panel can no longer be closed even when n-track is on top.

So far 2126 has been stable while tracking (no midi).

T

Hi Gents, on this Thread:
If I understand correctly, you get n-Track to “Lock Up” when you try to open a “Drop-Down” menu ??.. I’ve gotten that on the studio P-4 DAW… Both XP and '98SE desks… I’ve had to cont-alt-delete n-Track and re-launch n-Track… Just “Mouse’ing” over a Windows drop-down menu will lock up the editor… If I use an icon on n-Track’s tool-bar for the same command I don’t seem to have that issue…

Could the issue be that the machine’s response is so fast that the video card is what’s locking up? I don’t know… I don’t seem to get that issue on the P-111 machines I have, with their set-ups and configuerations…

Seems to me that there was something that Flavio posted regarding an earlier bata build that he adjusted something to speed up the video response… ?? Build 2121??

Sorry Flavio… If that’s not what the issue is…

I know Flavio is busy… He’s posting Fixes-and-Builds like a “Mad Man”… Thank you Flavio, for all your efforts and hard work…

I think he’s posted a new build that I want to install tonight…

Bill…

Bill, the bug that is giving most grief at the moment is the short sound burst that is occurring at the end of each clip. I hear it even if I ‘roll back’ the last few seconds of a clip. So if you have a project that includes tracks that cover only a few bars of the song, you hear maybe 20 milliseconds of some part of the track (or maybe another track) played back at volume and out of place. I haven’t found a work-around yet, except to let each track run until the end of the song.

Doesn’t the same thing happen on your systems?

T

Yes sir… I’ve heard that as well… on this “When You Hurt Me More” test project…

I never took much TO-DO about it… I just thought it may have been something I diid with the timeline…

Bill…

just tried installing 2127 and it crashes as soon as I start it. 2126 worked ok, but I barely did any real work with it.

The only work I’m doing lately and with this bata build series is importing this “Test Project” onto this timeline… I had a “Three-Track” project going… But I opted for this current series of tracks to place a “Resource” load on the DAW’s I have…

I haven’t captured any tracks for so long that my mics have a layer of mould growing on them… and my mic cables wouldn’t lay out flat… anymore…

Shame-on-Me…

Bill…